Sign in to follow this  
Pingo

Pingo paints some mystery giant wolves from RAFM

They look like the fearsome Creatures of the Forest that figured so large in my Grandma's stories of her Austrian childhood. Your brushwork & colors are GLORIOUSVERY WELL DONE!

• Like 1

Beautifully painted wolves! Those eyes on the black one are just top notch..

Gotta paint me a wolf on one of these days for them bonuses..

"Bonusess.. What is a bonusses, preciousss?"

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Standifer
      This my orc warlord on a warg. It is a Nolzurs deep cuts orc on dire wolf miniature. 
      I did most of the painting in one day, I do need to touch up the base and redo the finish on the flag, but otherwise he is done.
      I was aiming for a Hound of the Baskervilles look for the Warg. 

Now he just needs an actual name besides Orc Warlord....
      Thanks for looking!

• By Pingo
      These are two copies of the Reaper Bones Large Earth Elemental 77185, sculpted by Kevin Williams.

I saw someone, I can’t recall who, paint up, it might have been one of these, like cooling lava which I thought was lovely, so I wanted to give it a try. I painted the lava version very quickly, in a few sessions: A layer of butter-yellow intensified with yellow glazing, then laying on pure black paint rather thickly, then some washes of Quinacridone Magenta and some fiddling with that and yellow on the gems.

The rock version I painted v-e-r-y slowly, in many layers over time, often with whatever paint was left on my palette from other paintings. I’m not sure when I started it, but since I haven’t painted any minis at all for the last year, it’s been some time.

I thought it interesting how very different a sculpt can look depending on how you paint it.

• By Metalchaos
      Hi everyone, here are two Reaper 03277 Hyena. These Dark Heaven Legends models were sculpted by Jason Wiebe.

• By Shadespyre
      Dire Wolves are the tradition pets for AD&D Hill Giants, so I bought this fine fellow to replace the smilodon that came with my Hill Giant Hunter.

I always use reference pictures when painting real creatures, and this looks a bit like a real black wolf, so I'm quite happy. There are a lot more colours and steps in this chaps fur than on any of the accompanying giants, though I don't know if it shows.

The joy of Bonesium means that I could easily cut off his base and glue him directly to this piece of actual granite. I recommend doing this before ANY paint is applied to either surface, to get the best bond. Else you often pull the paint off the rock and have to re-glue it, in my experience.

• Who's Online   30 Members, 1 Anonymous, 35 Guests (See full list)