Sign in to follow this  
Pingo

Absolutely gorgeous giant wolves from Tom Meier / Thunderbolt Mountain

Awesome!  I am a sucker for a Tom Meier sculpt.  I think I like these sculpts even more then the direwolves he sculpted for Dark Sword's George R. R. Martin Masterworks line. 

I actually had to double-check for my own peace of mind, to ensure these are not those same sculpts.  Nope.  These definitely appear to be different wolves.  I guess it's partly the Meier factor and partly just because with the colours you used, they could easily pass for Grey Wind, Ghost, and Summer...  ::D:

Amazing paint work on these, I love 'em!

Kang

• Like 3

Oh wow they are gorgeous! I love the colour schemes you went with too! The details in the eyes are a lovely touch.

• Like 2

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By 72moonglum
      Hello everybody!

Here's a figure I just finished a few nights back and got her based.  She's a old, classic Ral Partha figure, Adventuress 01-018, so in that long list of Partha figures in "Personalities and Things that go Bump in the Night" range, number 18.  I'm not sure if this is true or not, but I read out there on the Lost Mini Wiki that this was the first female adventuring type of miniature that was cast.  This is in all honesty the second version of the sculpt, don't have the first one. On the bottom, she had 1976 stamped on its base so it's a nice old figure.  

I tried not to paint her in too bright of colors, kind of wanted her to be able to wander around with kind of calm colors.  Anyways, hope you enjoy this "historic" little mini, she was a joy to paint!

• By Standifer
      This my orc warlord on a warg. It is a Nolzurs deep cuts orc on dire wolf miniature. 
      I did most of the painting in one day, I do need to touch up the base and redo the finish on the flag, but otherwise he is done.
      I was aiming for a Hound of the Baskervilles look for the Warg. 

Now he just needs an actual name besides Orc Warlord....
      Thanks for looking!

• By Pingo
      These are two copies of the Reaper Bones Large Earth Elemental 77185, sculpted by Kevin Williams.

I saw someone, I can’t recall who, paint up, it might have been one of these, like cooling lava which I thought was lovely, so I wanted to give it a try. I painted the lava version very quickly, in a few sessions: A layer of butter-yellow intensified with yellow glazing, then laying on pure black paint rather thickly, then some washes of Quinacridone Magenta and some fiddling with that and yellow on the gems.

The rock version I painted v-e-r-y slowly, in many layers over time, often with whatever paint was left on my palette from other paintings. I’m not sure when I started it, but since I haven’t painted any minis at all for the last year, it’s been some time.

I thought it interesting how very different a sculpt can look depending on how you paint it.

• By Metalchaos
      Hi everyone, here are two Reaper 03277 Hyena. These Dark Heaven Legends models were sculpted by Jason Wiebe.

• Who's Online   31 Members, 1 Anonymous, 32 Guests (See full list)