Pingo

Absolutely gorgeous giant wolves from Tom Meier / Thunderbolt Mountain

These gorgeous wolves (Thunderbolt Mountain 8560) are the nicest giant wolf sculpts I have ever seen. They are by the legendary Tom Meier.

IMPORTANT: TOM MEIER IS CLOSING HIS THUNDERBOLT MOUNTAIN STORE DEC. 25 OF THIS YEAR, SO IF YOU ARE INTERESTED, GO THERE NOW!

They are pretty big.  I mounted them on 1.5" fender washers for extra stability.  Tom Meier sells optional goblin riders for them.

DSC_0118-Thunderbolt-Mountain-8560-Giant-Wolves.jpg.942665cecfd021323132bb6fd3f748c1.jpg

DSC_0122.jpg.616009704c515bcb4a9a0baf7f3cfe6d.jpg

DSC_0121.jpg.f99b31349d44f1cb17eca916606975a5.jpg

DSC_0130.jpg.45e0968b6a0120ed793d88478f57f730.jpg

DSC_0127-close-up.jpg.aa7f8a94baa7d1dbfab4e5323e1b12a9.jpg  DSC_0128-close-up.jpg.d81d95b595f70ad4145181500b0b5b86.jpg

DSC_0129-close-up.jpg.86fe1cf7adda44db90ef45cf7b428086.jpg

WIP thread with extensive color notes, painting details, and comparison to other wolf figures here.

• Like 22

Awesome!  I am a sucker for a Tom Meier sculpt.  I think I like these sculpts even more then the direwolves he sculpted for Dark Sword's George R. R. Martin Masterworks line. 

I actually had to double-check for my own peace of mind, to ensure these are not those same sculpts.  Nope.  These definitely appear to be different wolves.  I guess it's partly the Meier factor and partly just because with the colours you used, they could easily pass for Grey Wind, Ghost, and Summer...  ::D:

Amazing paint work on these, I love 'em!

Kang

• Like 3

Oh wow they are gorgeous! I love the colour schemes you went with too! The details in the eyes are a lovely touch.

• Like 2

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Glitterwolf
      Recently I painted a Crypt Lord and in the Show Off there was an introduction.
      See and read it here:
      https://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/87523-asar-crypt-lord-by-glitterwolf/

@Gadgetman! commented that he wanted to see the goat.
      So here it is, it's from the Animal Companion Set sculpted by @TaleSpinner Reaper Sku 03719.
      I love your animal sculpts Andrew, they are a real pleasure to paint!

Omar's son, Mehmet herded the goats but his mind was elsewhere, one of the goats wandered off without him noticing it.
      Our adventurous animal took off and found herself walking between the ancient ruins of a long dead civilization.
      When it entered a dark building it got scared and it bleated loudly, the sound echoed through the empty halls.

Alarmed by the noise General Ahm Me Hula the Second rose from his Sarcophagus, ENEMIES!!! RAIDERS!!! He needed to protect the Pharaoh!
      He rose from his slumber and quickly grabbed his weapons.
      Time to once again defend the realm!

He alarmed his men and all over the place skeleton and mummy warriors rose from their eternal sleep.
      The Pharaoh himself needed to be warned!
      Giving the order to a Liche Priest he himself walked out to investigate how many raiders there were in the ruins.
      The first enemy he encountered was Omar who was looking for his goat.

And so it came to pass that our dear little goat was responsible for the awakening of the Tomb Lords.
      Their armies are now gathering and the living must once again fear their wrath!

WIP HERE:
      https://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/79372-shifting-sands-glitterwolf-paints-egyptian-undead/&page=5&tab=comments#comment-1854891

The name of our General is a variation on a expression from my Birthcity Rotterdam...

https://nl.bab.la/woordenboek/nederlands-engels/ammehoela
    • By Pingo
      Well, I've gone and done it. I got a YouTube channel and have started making a series of videos on matters of paint and painting.

Okay, I say "series of videos" all grandly, but at the moment it's one video and a planned syllabus. But I have more planned!

This is pretty much my first video ever. I was helped a great deal by my family members who have more experience in this.

The first video is a paint comparison, looking at one of the new Liquitex Acrylic Gouache paints (Quinacridone Magenta, PR122) and considering its suitability for miniatures painting.

Enjoy!
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zwonRqv0Xgk

• By EvilJames
      Malak breathed the cold air and smiled. This day had been long coming. The journey to the Frozen City had been difficult, wizards of his like had difficulty procuring supplies in the so called civilized lands, even in the rough towns near Felstad. Still, goblins could adapt to any situation and this one was no different. The eclectic band he had managed to scrape together stood with him now on the outskirts of the ancient ruin, ready to stake their claim at the riches that lie within. His first in command was his apprentice Grubb a Weiben goblin from the Reaping lands to the south.
      After him was Murdo an infantrygoblin of the Heartstabber tribe of Impact Crater in the Oldhammer Mountains, and a likely candidate for leadership over the rest should it be required.

Polg and Mog were Manorheim goblins from just north of the Reaping lands and reasonably useful with a bow and axe, respectively.

Gik and Moosh were from a nearby Bighead tribe. While both were foolish creatures, Gik was good with his bow and Moosh was quick with his feet and his dagger.

They were also good with animals. Fearful and mistrusting of dogs they had brought with them giant rat creature they had tamed and named Squeaker.

His final member was a brute of a goblin named Malg from the Thunderbolt Mountains.

Louts and fool’s the lot of them, but competence cost gold, and that was coming soon. Besides if they die, at least he'll be able to buy better help on the next excursion.

Unfortunately, Murdo had been less competent than hoped, dying shortly after impaling the "mouse wizard" on his spear. The Manorhiem goblins suggested calling in a trap expert from their village by the name of Grinner. Hopefully this one will prove more useful.

• By Pingo
      https://siberiantimes.com/science/casestudy/news/still-snarling-after-40000-years-a-giant-pleistocene-wolf-discovered-in-yakutia/

The intact head of a gigantic wolf has been discovered in Siberian permafrost. The head is 40cm long, as large as a modern donkey’s head (fully half the body length of a modern wolf!)

• Who's Online   50 Members, 2 Anonymous, 284 Guests (See full list)