Recently Browsing 0 members
No registered users viewing this page.
A new Kickstarter from Durgin Paint Forge coming late September / early October.
Wasn't a backer of the previous ones, but I don't think there's been any issues.
They've been working away at this one for a while, so most of the minis have already been previewed on their blog:- https://www.durginpaintforge.com/blog/ just look for the green renders!
Hello Reaper friends! You might remember I did a whole tribe of Hill Giants on a display board, with hex bases?
This is my follow up to that, this time: Stone Giants.
Errrm, it all got a bit out of hand, and I'd LOVE some input from you all, please
This is where I'm at after a week and I'm a bit stuck tbh.
I think I need to decide more about what the "finish" will look like before I go a lot further. Once I cover that foam with more than paint it's going to be harder to make changes. I'm thinking of sort of "cladding" it in pieces of slate, with sculpted bits / groundwork in the gaps?
I'd also love to hear suggestions for other miniatures and features to add to the scene to break up those big open rocky spaces. Current extra bits and bobs are just there for a sense of scale and how extra minis might "interrupt" or "enhance" the scene.
Some next steps though:
- cork around the hexes on the platforms for the bases to fit into
- some sort of "door frame"
- "box in" the sides (which are cut out of a continuing mountainside, in my head at least)
Please, rain your ideas and encouragements upon me!
So! I'm back. I haven't finished any of my other WIPs lately but I figure one more won't hurt.
I'm planning on doing a film noir style desert expedition whereupon our investigators find something not of this world.
I'm really excited for this one(not that I'm not excited for all my projects) but I have some hurdles to cross.
I want a wall between the white and grey bones, preferably crumbly looking. Not sure where to start with that. Figure out the best way to magnetize things. And the really big one: figure out how to actually paint in the style I'm trying to do.
This will involve a lot of work and time. As well as some (maybe a lot of) practice minis.
I'm currently in the mock up stage. I've got the minis I want and I'm trying to stage them how I think will look good as well as imagine the wall where I want it.
First stages of mock up.
"I have great admiration for the Norse mythology, and I find the style behind this culture fascinating. So, I decided that my third Kickstarter project should be related to this style that I admire so much. On this opportunity, I will present some characters to you that I hold very dear. These Norse Goddesses are among my most recent personal creation, and I hope you like them as much as I do."
By Dan S
Dan's Build Journal #4
The Ranger's Camp
Finished Project Pics:
My Other Build Journals:
Well its been almost two weeks since I finished my last project, and that itch start a new build has flared up again. This time I am going to attempt some type of Ranger/Woodsman's Camp, which compared to my last couple of projects should be quite a straight forward and relatively simple build.
Laying the Foundation.
To build the foundation of this project, I cut out a piece of XPS foam to serve as the base and then used blocks of polystyrene which I'd cut with a hot wire tool to form the very basic shape and contours of the landscape. I want give to the illusion that the camp is quite secluded and well hidden and so it is going to be set up in a small clearing at the base of a wooded hill. I'm going to build the hill so that it sweeps around the camp, shielding it from three sides.
During my recent Ruined Keep build, I'd started working on an LED campfire, but got cold feet and ended up abandoning the idea scared that I'd mess up and spoil the project. This time I am going to go for it. I removed the outer casing from a cheap flickering LED tealight, cut a small hole in the XPS foam base, and then hot glued the tealight into the hole so that only the LED was protruding above the surface. I'll come back to this at a later stage.
The next stage was to get nice and messy with some Sculptamold, which I used to reshape the contours of the hill into something a little more organic and natural looking. I also added several plaster of paris rocks that I had left over from a previous project to add a bit of visual interest. The rocks were originally created using Woodland Scenic's Rock Moulds.
The Sculptamold is applied quite thickly in places, and so it may need an extra day to fully dry. In the mean time I have a bunch of accessories to paint up and prepare, including a woodsman's lean-to, a roasting spit and a sitting log which I will likely start work on over the weekend.
Who's Online 30 Members, 1 Anonymous, 42 Guests (See full list)
- Lord of the Dish Pit
- Generic Fighter
- Dilvish the Deliverer
- Xiwo Xerase
- Reverend Shartan