Sign in to follow this  
aku-chan

Ventar - Champion of Chaos

63Qzupf.jpgvmvsJDJ.jpgiUkafhX.jpg

Once a mere gladiator, Ventars brutality in the arena attracted the attentions of the Dark Gods. Remade into one of their champions, he now travels from battlefield to battlefield seeking out those that can provide him with an entertaining fight.

Presenting Ventar, an Exalted Deathbringer with Ruinous Axe from GamesWorkshops Age of Sigmar range.

This one was a bit of a challenge as non-human skin tones are outside of my comfort zone, but I don't think I did too badly.

As always, any comments or criticisms are warmly received.

• Like 21

OUTSTANDING! Big Red is one NASTY yet BEAUTIFUL piece of work. Your work with colors & brush is SPLENDID. The imaginative base finishes the creation off WONDERFULLYVERY WELL DONE once more!

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the comments everybody!

14 hours ago, malefactus said:

OUTSTANDING! Big Red is one NASTY yet BEAUTIFUL piece of work. Your work with colors & brush is SPLENDID. The imaginative base finishes the creation off WONDERFULLYVERY WELL DONE once more!

I can't take much credit for the base, the rock and thorny vine he's standing on are part of the mini.

Excellent paint job!!

The red skin is very fitting for a servant of Khorne, too.:winkthumbs:

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By aku-chan
      Presenting the Tin Man, another member of the Oz Gang from the game Twisted by Demented Games.

While I did keep him fairly basic, I'm happy with how he turned out. Unfortunately my inability to photograph metallics properly has kinda ruined my piccys of him.

• By Metalchaos
      Hello everyone, here are pictures of 02811, Dain Deepaxe. This one took me a little longer to finish. There is so many details on this model, it's amazing. This Dark Heaven Legends model was sculpted by Werner Klocke.

• By aku-chan
      Presenting my Beastman Champion and true child of Atmos (In my own fantasy setting I base some of my Games Workshop stuff in, Beastman are a race of former humans who were changed by worshipping an ancient, goat-headed god called Atmos. Occasionally, an actual goat-headed Beastman will be born amongst them and will be considered Atmos's offspring, they then get all the best food and stuff and grow up to be one of the leaders or shamans of the various tribes.) Who is from the Warhammer: Underworlds range by Games Workshop.

I'm super pleased with how this guy turned out, but I really need to buckle down and actually finish one of these Underworlds sets.

• By aku-chan
      Presenting Angry Joe, the last of my Survivors from the Gigalion expansion from Kingdom Death. He believes the best defence against monsters is to wear a suit made of their skin.

Had a lot of fun painting this one, Gorm armour is my favourite set despite all the little details, now I just need to paint the Gigalion itself.

As always, any comments or criticisms are warmly recieved.
    • By stormbreach
      I finished this Mountain Troll.  It's kind of ironic, I painted him so he gets off my shelf of shame but due to his forward lean pictures were difficult so he is photographed literally ON my shelf of shame .  It's not just a shelf, I also have bins of shame in the closet but that's another topic.  I originally thought I'd give him a rocky hide and a paler fleshy underbelly but the underbelly turned out a lot darker than my original thoughts, but I still like it anyway.  The closeups show the transition between that tone and the hide, it's on his inner arms and upper inner thighs as well because that seemed natural to me.  The thing I am unhappy with is that he doesn't "pop".  I really liked the look of the craggy hide and how he looked after the Strong Tone wash so I was too scared to highlight him very much because I was afraid to ruin it.  I don't drybrush very well and when I layer I feel like I'm stumbling along in the dark so you can see one layer on his hide and the rest is just some edge highlights.  I'm still working on layering but it seems hard.  Anyway, on to the pictures.  Hope you guys like him.

• Who's Online   25 Members, 2 Anonymous, 36 Guests (See full list)