TALOC: MAYAN - a tabletop RPG with miniature terrain & dice

• Members

This was originally scheduled to launch a year ago:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/illusionist/taloc-mayan-a-tabletop-rpg-with-miniature-terrain?ref=discovery

About

Choose your pledge Choose your pledge
09f2cbe38ce45c021119930970b75a48_origina
6aa31fbb70d5b756522727851d18db09_origina
3ae8e4d4cd08e6a03f3db9401a41ec1e_origina
bd99bb049fb5e4412649637e2abd08f7_origina
3dbff86be8522e607c46fde4c29f389b_origina
3e26fad3c057ffa73c070c9df6bc2fb5_origina

The peoples of the ancient Maya began to polarize, forming two primary factions, the clan Kukul and clan Tezca.  Named the EagleBearers and the Jaguars respectively, their totems and animal familiars gave them untold amounts of power in their death throes against each other.  

The Below is not immune to the dealings of those in the Above, and as their genocidal struggles continued, a great imbalance was created that must be satisfied before the End of Days.

The Twin Gods The Twin Gods

You will choose a side, and work to re-balance the inequities created by this epic conflict.  In doing so you will travel amid rough jungle paths, swim through dripping cenotes, and even traverse the Below yourself in your quest to set things right.... but the days are numbered and the dangers are real.  It's a race against the calendar as you take advantage of the Mayan peculiarities of the day count, their namesakes, and the powers that are granted you as time goes on.

9537a5f26c1aa264328b9399977b0c32_origina

We are big believers in "Theater of the Mind" roleplaying at the game table.  Our RPGs are designed to support your favorite rules systems (5e, Pathfinder, Savage Worlds, Swords & Wizardry, BECMI, Cthulhu and more).  We also feel that miniature terrain adds to the suspension of disbelief that enables quality storytelling.  This is why our books support the AnySystem enhancement where QR codes throughout the book allow you to scan and download the stat blocks and rules of your choice, while you system independent folks can just use the book right as it is!  For an example of the AnySystem at work, you can visit www.DwarvenEpics.com and click on the Delverr's Keep adventure module.

With custom dice, immersive storytelling, excellent DM props, quality terrain and solid design, we think your roleplaying games using the Taloc: Mayan setting will be a big hit on game night.

We also enjoy developing game systems that lean toward free range storytelling.  You are welcome to download our Evolve RPG character sheets for the Taloc: Mayan game which have a unique feature where your character starts with 0 for all ability scores and zero skills, feats, or hindrances.  Using the Evolve RPG method of play, you earn your abilities and skills through excellent roleplaying demonstrated to the gamemaster.  As you perform, the GM will reward you with FATE tokens which you can spend to level up your character and earn your abilities and skills.  Try it out and let us know what you think!  We will post a free character sheet with a 2 page quickstart rulebook if you'd like to try it out.

fb7f44a18a02aece2818d1b0bdbacf92_origina

We are so pleased you would support our Taloc: Mayan campaign so we can deliver the best RPG sourcebooks for the ancient Mayan world.  Who knows what tales will emerge from the sunken cenotes of this jungle covered setting?  This sourcebook is one of many that we hope to deliver over the next few months so please support this first one and we will bring you even more content for this expansive realm.

First of many planned supplements First of many planned supplements

Rich illustrations from leading artists will be included in the production of this storyline to deliver the best quality for you RPG group.

Rich Artwork and Illustrations Rich Artwork and Illustrations
1ddd604685542056b3c6b5f4acdb3b9e_origina

We have spent a lot of time investing in new creatures, archetypes and characters that you can play in the game.  These are available as 2D minis with stands for this kickstarter but in the future we hope to do so much more with them!  With your support we can.  Here are some of the archetypes we are working into the setting:

6aa98c6d862b11634b79bf4ca25a7f68_origina
5cf9e8cdda4ee6acaae77c5267f66556_origina

We are pleased to celebrate the wonderful artwork of the inimitable Freddy Lopez who was the inspiration for all of our monsters and character archetypes.  Please support him and buy his prints!

We are also pleased to have cover artwork by the inestimable Patrick Blaine who really set the tone for the project.  Please support him and his comics at Top Cow and other places where his art is featured.

Edited by SamuraiJack
  • Like 3
  • Members

@Glitterwolf from their current dice tower KS:

International Shipping

What is BorderLinx?  Shipping from the US can be very expensive.  We have partnered with BorderLinx.com where you can open a US address at one of their warehouses.  We will ship your order at no cost to their warehouse.  There you have many options, including simply paying them to deliver the product to you, or some even more creative opportunities like having them hold two or three US originated shipments where they will rebox it into a large box and ship it to you.  By bundling shipments you can save a lot of money.  The best part is, we don't have to get involved and we can deliver direct to your US address.  We understand this puts some of the shipping responsibility on you but it also puts you in control of the shipping price.  The more you bundle shipments the more you can save.  Open your account at www.BorderLinx.com

• Like 1