Reaperbryan

Don't ask me anything. Tell me something.

I shall tell you anything? Okay: Future is now. The first singing, dancing and song writing holograms are actually existing. I barely couldn`t believe it when I discovered this. The japanese (who else?) have created a female singer and she calls Hatsune Miku. She has gigs and the plan is that holograms soon actually write their own songs by themselve. I find this pretty weird, but the most weird thing is the audience LOL.

Enjoy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pEaBqiLeCu0

My Luis Rojo Avatar: I use it since I`m posting at the internet, I can identify myself with the image. Because she is a fighter, but she is contemplating/meditating, before she does, I do so.

• Like 7

2 hours ago, vhaidra said:

I shall tell you anything? Okay: Future is now. The first singing, dancing and song writing holograms are actually existing. I barely couldn`t believe it when I discovered this. The japanese (who else?) have created a female singer and she calls Hatsune Miku. She has gigs and the plan is that holograms soon actually write their own songs by themselve. I find this pretty weird, but the most weird thing is the audience LOL.

Enjoy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pEaBqiLeCu0

My Luis Rojo Avatar: I use it since I`m posting at the internet, I can identify myself with the image. Because she is a fighter, but she is contemplating/meditating, before she does, I do so.

Future is now.

I agree.

When I was a kid I watched Star Trek the original Series.

Today we have handheld smartphones , I pads, 3D printers, Holograms, Virtual Reality Glasses.

It's an interesting world we live in.

And I like your Avatar, Luis Royo is a great artist, I like many of his work.

• Like 7

Can't remember if this one was done before, as I've been awol, but the C 96 Mauser Pistol only  has one screw in its entire construction and it's the one that holds the grips on. 

• Like 8
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Glitterwolf said:

Future is now.

I agree.

When I was a kid I watched Star Trek the original Series.

Today we have handheld smartphones , I pads, 3D printers, Holograms, Virtual Reality Glasses.

Yep and they actually already work on the warp drive and beeming. No joke. Star Trek in fact inspired a lot of scientists, inventors and visionaries and a lot of what you mentioned is actually just here because of Star Trek. By the way the first quantum pc also already exists, but it is not capable until now. And on top robots who wish to have a family and fight for robot rights and some who are making music. Also no joke but more on that later.

It's an interesting world we live in.

Definitely. Would be cool to live 500 years or so, imagine what then will be. I mean for the case that mankind will survive. At the moment I have doubts.

And I like your Avatar, Luis Royo is a great artist, I like many of his work.

Yep I love his art too.

• Like 5

58 minutes ago, Loim said:

Can't remember if this one was done before, as I've been awol, but the C 96 Mauser Pistol only  has one screw in its entire construction and it's the one that holds the grips on. 

It was also carried by Winston Churchill and Lawrence of Arabia 

S0tMyO8.jpg

• Like 8

6 minutes ago, Corsair said:

It was also carried by Winston Churchill and Lawrence of Arabia 

S0tMyO8.jpg

It was a favourite of Trotsky and other Russian revolutionaries as well.

But of course the most famous user of the Broomhandle Mauser is Han Solo:

_102179517_mediaitem102179516.jpg.9f17825ba0fdd553da49154a8912601b.jpg

han-solo-blaster.jpg.df90ab675530315e7fb7fa14f07ed641.jpg

• Like 11
  • Haha 4

4 hours ago, vhaidra said:

I, for one, approve of our new computer generated, holographic entertainment!

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, paintybeard said:

It was a favourite of Trotsky and other Russian revolutionaries as well.

But of course the most famous user of the Broomhandle Mauser is Han Solo:

_102179517_mediaitem102179516.jpg.9f17825ba0fdd553da49154a8912601b.jpg

han-solo-blaster.jpg.df90ab675530315e7fb7fa14f07ed641.jpg

And Han DID shoot first!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3

It is possible to freeze a gallon of milk, in a plastic jug, into a solid object.

(As much as I would like to say I did this For SCIENCE™️! I cannot; that would not be true. 

Never attribute to Scientific Curiosity what can accurately be explained by Dimwittery... :rock: )

Follow-up discovery: Milk thaws in a fridge much more slowly than it will freeze in the freezer. Details...

Three days after placing the frozen jug in the fridge to thaw it was removed for pouring and dispensing. It was discovered to have a number of milkbergs floating in the bottle. It remained out of the fridge for two hours during which time it consistently dispensed ice-Cold Milk. 

Cold Milk is possible from a bottle being left out at room temperature.

• Like 7

4 hours ago, Loim said:

The inventor of the screw thread is generally considered to be Archytas of Tarentum, around 400 BC - however, modern manufactured screws date back to 1770, when English instrument-maker Jesse Ramsden invented the first satisfactory screw-cutting lathe.

• Like 12

38 minutes ago, paintybeard said:

The Poignard and stiletto knives were developed precisely to counter such armours.

And of course the development of the heavier crossbow startled many knights.

• Like 6

"Startled" is the right word. Modern research has shown that relatively few crossbow bolts (or clothyard arrows) penetrated well made plate armour. However the energy delivered by the impact of these missiles caused shock and internal injuries. Several non-fatal hits such as these could disable any knight.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3

image.png.d550877194af0840ab3455dd3d693ebf.png

No Stegosaurus in the pic...he wasn't alive then..

Edited by Glitterwolf
  • Like 16