Don't think I have ever painted a dog before, let alone a golden Retriever.

Thanks for your likes everyone :)

Jay

• Like 2

That is a WONDERFUL creation. You have reached another level of brushwork; Zoe's BEAUTIFULLY expressive face is testament to that. GREAT brushwork, color selection, & basing add up to a VERY WELL DONE!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Chaoswolf said:

As a fan of all things Golden Retriever, I think you did an absolutely wonderful job  here!:winkthumbs:

Thanks Chaoswolf;

I didn't know you were a golden Retriever fan, I have always been.

Extremely loyal, and playful animal.

Plus, they have a face that just says I "Wubsss wuuuu"..LOL

Getting the character into the face was a lot of fun.

I recommend you get it !

Jay

• Like 1

Strong work!  Your extra effort on the face really shows, and I like the red scarf.

Dave Summers sculpted this figure, but the real Zoe was the companion of Michael Proctor (one of Reaper's superstar painters, and a Reaper MSP Medalist). 

You could send Michael a message ( @Clever Crow ) to tell him about this thread, since he would probably like to see your rendition.

Derek

• Like 1

4 hours ago, dks said:

Strong work!  Your extra effort on the face really shows, and I like the red scarf.

Dave Summers sculpted this figure, but the real Zoe was the companion of Michael Proctor (one of Reaper's superstar painters, and a Reaper MSP Medalist). 

You could send Michael a message ( @Clever Crow ) to tell him about this thread, since he would probably like to see your rendition.

Derek

Thank you Derek;

I sent that message to Michael.

I hope he appreciates what I did, and had to say about ZOE !

Thanks again.

Jay

• Like 1

Wow!!!  So very awesome!  Yes, Zoe was my faithful companion for many years and after her passing Jim Ludwig at Darksword miniatures offered to make a tribute piece for her.  We live in the mountains of Colorado, Zoe loved the outdoors and we went on many backwoods adventures..  so jim and I thought that she would make a great ranger...  

so happy to see her painted!  You did such a great job thanks! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Cyradis
      So no pictures yet - this is starting from the planning phase. I am going to be working on Dark Sword's Thief of Hearts: Warrior. This one -

She's a pretty imposing figure. The humanoid part of her is pretty normal sized, but the cloak and wings make the whole thing quite grand. The arms and wings are separate - they're going to be tough to get in place. Not really able to pin the one with the flame in hand either.

Okay, so what is my plan. What is her story?

I was going to paint Dark Sword's "Broken Wings" a tragic maimed angel figure, and about 3 months or so from now, my players would return to a horrible dungeon and rescue her. I'd plop that one in and go "this is who you find". Well.... I only got to show them the primed version, because they rescued her early. Now I'll be painting her all healed up and ready to kick butt, since my group threw me for a loop.

Alice is a justice archon. Lawful good outsider. She decided to Do Good Things in the world, grew accustomed to humans, and stuck around. She became friends with a wizard and they went around smiting evil. At least they did, until they got captured. When she's able though, she is the light in the darkness and she won't back down. Not ever.

How am I going to try to convey that?

I've done NMM before... and I've done OSL.... I'm going to try both.

She'll have red hair, befitting a justice archon, and rather golden skin, similar to the DSM display model. But instead of being in normal lighting with a yellow flame, she's going to be in "darkness" and the flame in her hand will be illuminating white around her. White light should lighten stuff to be its own color, mostly, yes? But with the NMM, I'll have to be going for a non-standard light source, since it is a nearby oval of light, instead of a general "from far away, this direction". The armor has to reflect strongly, so it may be brighter at longer distances, but the skin and cloth will need to have diffuse reflections, with the normal intensity-falling-away pattern. Then the rest of her in darkness should still have some minor shading - so I intend to use "moonlight" as my inspiration on that.

And then the arms and wings have to be attached probably after painting parts of this, due to ability to reach certain sections. Ack!

I want her to look like she's there to prevent evil from spreading, by literally bringing the light.

Am I crazy? Good plan? NMM + OSL + Dark setting.... thoughts on my plan?
    • By Rob Dean
      One more mouse for the order of battle pool for Gencon.  I’m behind on basing, but should get to him over the weekend.

• By nervisfr
      hey,
      I don't remember if i have already posted a message about my blog  (Since 2014) :

If you are interested in conversions about figurines (mainly 28mm) and terrain. 

Go here : 
      http://chti-reanimator59.blogspot.com/

Some of my work are present on this forum like :

https://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/84673-77434-bones-yeti-chieftain-conversion-into-amazonian-creature/&tab=comments#comment-1834807

https://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/85147-from-bones-77170-clay-golem-to-maui-hawaien-hero/&tab=comments#comment-1803041

This is a french edition but the Translate button could be very useful to get the feeling of my work (lots of pictures and step by step to help you to understand.

Cheers
      Eric
    • By Zandoria
      PuzzleLock is 3d printable terrain for creating dimensional maps for your RPG games. The tiles connect together on the tabletop like a jigsaw puzzle! I have already created and tested PuzzleLock Caves and PuzzleLock Dungeons, now I am running a Kickstarter to raise funds to create additional playsets.  https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/zandoria/puzzlelock-playsets
      We are 298% funded in our second week! I hope that you will check it out!

• By Pingo
      Johnny Lauck, who retired his Mega Miniatures business recently, ran a few Kickstarters before he retired in order to let people order some sets.

A couple of years ago he ran one of a cat-people dungeon crawl party. I saw some people here regret they were going out of circulation.

Well, apparently Armorcast has picked up the license and is offering half a dozen anthropomorphic cat-people dungeoneers.

No commercial links, but if you go to the Armorcast site and look under “Miniatures,” they’re in the category “Animal Adventurers.”

They have an Old School vibe I rather like.
  • Who's Online   42 Members, 3 Anonymous, 201 Guests (See full list)