Kev!

Kev!'s Ungorth, Cthon Summoner (InMiPaMo day 12)

Howdy,

For my twelfth day of International Mini Painting Month I present Ungorth, Cthon Summoner - Reaper Con 2016 exclusive...

ungorthungorth

ungorthungorth

Kev!

Edited by Kev!
typo
  • Like 19

That did turn out SPLENDIDLY. In this instance, the speed painting may have been the perfect approach to the Evil Summoner. You have created a WONDERFULLY sinister character. VERY WELL DONE!

• Thanks 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Ludo
      To help alleviate the last minute rush order or trying to have them shipped to the hotel, I'm reminding people that personalized badge ribbons are a thing.

Because of forum rules we can't post a link to where to order them but if you post here, a certain @ub3r_n3rd fairy may PM you details.

The standard size that Reaper makes their ribbons is: Personalized Badge Ribbon 1-5/8"H x 3-1/2"W

FAQ
      What are the ribbons for?!
      Reaper gives out ribbons for various tasks like joining a faction, taking a class, spending a LOT of money in the Reaper Booth. Some are known, some are secret.
      Individuals also have their own ribbons made and have their own criteria for earning them. 
      In the past there has been a prize for longest chain (without duplicates) but this is subject to the whims of Reaper.

Can I make my own ribbons?
      Absolutely. Anyone can have their own ribbon. Come up with fun (family appropriate) phrase and a task that you will have the receiver perform (again, family appropriate) then contact a ribbon company to have them printed.

How many ribbons should I bring?
      If this is your first time giving out ribbons, 100 should be plenty. If you are teaching a class, running a game or a vendor, you probably want more as you will be interacting with more people.

Is there a list of all the Ribbons and how to get them?
      Short answer, No.
      Part of the fun is talking to people to learn how they got a particular ribbon. When the con starts, I'll probably update this post with a list of known ribbons. like the ones Reaper gives out or ones individuals want to share. (Please don't share the how to unless you have the OK from the creator) 

Not even one spoiler?
      Ok, if you want to get the "Ludo, Friend" ribbon, you have to bring Ludo a small rock. (Rocks from the hotel decor will not be accepted.) Bonus points will be awarded on how fancy the rock is. 

• By HolkDiggity
      Hey, all! This year, I'm taking part in as many parts of ReaperCon's MSPOpen that I can while still narrowly holding on to my sanity. The first of these is a small diorama, (my first ever,) for Bombshell Miniatures.

Since this is my first, I've decided to go with a relatively simple story: While venturing along an escarpment, a heavy-armored priestess is waylaid by a spinning, blade wielding half-orc. I began by cutting some foam to build up the earth behind the cliff face, and then used some plaster molds to cast the face and the large rock buried in the ground. Next, I covered everything with Vallejo's White Pumice and Wet Ground pastes, and then added additional stones. Once this was dry, I primed the whole thing in white.

Once the primer was dry, I used a mix of Reaper acrylics and GW washes to paint the base. I didn't go overboard on the dirt, since most of it will be covered by grass and other detritus. For the stone, I made sure to use a healthy mix of greys, greens, oranges, browns, purples. I then lightly dry brushed the stone in sandy tan and again in tan closer to white. Once the paint was dry, I sealed the base in anticipation of the next phase.

• By Ludo
      *Ludo shuffles in followed by a trail of small rocks*
      FORUMITES FRIENDS

So I will be running the Hobby Hijinx corner at ReaperCon again this year. If you are not familiar with the corner, it is where Reaper offers free 1-2 hour paint and take events. We have the classic Paint 'N Take area as always, as well as the Sophie Says, traditional Speedpaints and the new Paint by Die Roll and Bones Mashup. 

I will be updating this post as details are firmed up.

If anyone has any ideas for the current events or new events, please post them here. 

If you would like to volunteer to help in the hobby corner, I am working on a proper signup sheet etc in the mean time, feel free to post here. Positions include morning setup, evening teardown. Resetting between events. Running individual events ( instructions will be provided) 
      In particular, looking for people to oversee the paint and take area. 

Reserved for Sophie says ideas.
    • By Valthorn_Illian
      At my recent IPMS show I had the honor (not to mention the absolute joy) of running a Reaper Paint n Take and mini painting demo. For this I picked several Reaper figures and the KDM Twilight Knight. To say the Twilight Knight fell apart early would be an understatement but fortunately I was simultaneously working on Remus Raducan, Blood Wolf and he worked marvelously as reference and inspiration. So here he is in all his NMM glory. Which is rather funny since I haven't tried the technique since Reapercon where I took @Kuro Cleanbrush 's 4 hour NMM class.

• By Kev!
      Howdy,

Leatherface...

Kev!
  • Who's Online   13 Members, 2 Anonymous, 192 Guests (See full list)