lowlylowlycook

Anyone else digging the new Oathmark plastics as much as I am

Oh dear, A VERY tempting new addition to Northtars Frostgrave plastics range has just shown up:

FrostgraveBox_Wizards_FRONT_v1.jpg.efb349d317bca910549ef09866381544.jpg

Whenever they come out I shall DEFINITELY be getting at least one box.

Fingers firmly crossed that there are female sculpts in the mix.

• Like 5

I don't need more wizards as I've only painted a few of the wizard/apprentice pairs for Frostgrave despite owning almost all of them. That said I'll likely end up with this sometime. Did it say anywhere how many figures in the box?

• Like 2

Nope, just a picture of the box art on Wargames News and Terrain. I should think (OK, my wallet hopes) that these are quite a way in the future.

• Like 2

That seems like an odd box to do.   Metal wizards and plastic henchmen seemed quite natural.

Could be really good for those that want to put together the perfect wizard mini for their  PC, I guess.

Depending on what's in the wizards kit... ahh, who am I kidding, I'm probably getting it anyway!!

Though i also really hope there are some female figures in it. 

I'm curious how many different sprues will be in it? I kinda hope it's 2 different sprues for more variety. Maybe 2 of one and 1 of the other, but keep it about the same price as the other kits? 

• Like 3

On ‎1‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 4:21 AM, paintybeard said:

Nope, just a picture of the box art on Wargames News and Terrain. I should think (OK, my wallet hopes) that these are quite a way in the future.

A follow up to this on Wargames News and Terrain:

"The Frostgrave Wizards hard plastic set will consists of two sprues with 4 male bodies plus lots of arms and equipment, due out in February.

An equivalent female set will follow swiftly."

Only 8 figures in a box. Curious about the price. 

Edited by paintybeard

The Nickstarter pre-order program for the Ghost Archipelago Tribals is live.  I love the optional spirit masks.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, paintybeard said:

A follow up to this on Wargames News and Terrain:

"The Frostgrave Wizards hard plastic set will consists of two sprues with male bodies plus lots of arms and equipment, due out in February.

An equivalent female set will follow swiftly."

Only 8 figures in a box. Curious about the price. 

Hmmm.....

2 hours ago, Lidless Eye said:

The Nickstarter pre-order program for the Ghost Archipelago Tribals is live.  I love the optional spirit masks.

I wish there was a collected deal for the plastics and the book...  Ah well, I guess I'm in for deal 1 and 2... 

45 minutes ago, lowlylowlycook said:

Does anyone go through BrigadeGames for the Nickstarters?  It seems that they are a bit slow to get up info and I've always just went with Northstar directly.

We went through Brigade when we backed the Mazes Nickstarter.

Our toys got to us in a timely fashion, and we have no complaints.

The Auld Grump

• Thanks 1

I've always gone through Brigade.  It takes slightly longer, as they have to wait for everything to come in from the UK to the US and then send it out, but they've always been pleasant to deal with and I've saved a bit.  This time they had a free shipping offer on Day 1, as well.

15 hours ago, lowlylowlycook said:

I'm in one of those dangerous moods where I'm thinking I need Tribals for Woses, Archipelago Crew for Corsairs, maybe some of the original soldiers for Dale...

You aren't wrong...

Mix the crew with the cultists I'd say...

Especially the weapons.

• Like 1