Sign in to follow this  
lowlylowlycook

Anyone else digging the new Oathmark plastics as much as I am

44 minutes ago, paintybeard said:

Lots of lovely bits!

But... 75% of the price of the other kits, with only 40% of the figures.::(:

Though with about 200% of the extra bits....

I am thinking of this more as an accessory kit than a set of figures.

Combining this with the Cultists sprue is gonna be fun.... ::D: 

That said - it may be better to compare this to the metal Wizards than to the plastic soldiers - this is the first time that character models, rather than mooks, are being added to the plastic Frostgrave line. (And a lot less expensive than the plastic character miniatures from at least two other companies that I can think of off hand.)

The Auld Grump

• Like 4

8 hours ago, TheAuldGrump said:

Though with about 200% of the extra bits....

I am thinking of this more as an accessory kit than a set of figures.

Combining this with the Cultists sprue is gonna be fun.... ::D: 

That said - it may be better to compare this to the metal Wizards than to the plastic soldiers - this is the first time that character models, rather than mooks, are being added to the plastic Frostgrave line. (And a lot less expensive than the plastic character miniatures from at least two other companies that I can think of off hand.)

The Auld Grump

Yeah, I'll definitely be able to make more than 4 wizards from this set. Not to mention wardens, captains... 

And with you on those other plastic character minis from that other Workshop... <_< 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Crowley said:

Yeah, I'll definitely be able to make more than 4 wizards from this set. Not to mention wardens, captains... 

And with you on those other plastic character minis from that other Workshop... <_< 

I know, Wyrd, isn't it? ::P:

The Auld Grump

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 2/17/2019 at 9:01 AM, Crowley said:

16 hours ago, Lidless Eye said:

It's also 2 sprues per box, so 8 Wizards base + bits.

Right, yes, more than 4 wizards and 4 apprentices. 

I really dig the new Tribals.  I like that they come with enough Spirit Masks to do up the whole boxed set with them if you'd like.

53343697_326949741261191_4976878304398147584_n.jpg?_nc_cat=102&_nc_eui2=AeGlTFFw9bEuMkXn3t6F2GnyC9tdgPgdX4rh4bHfn1vMORF9b-MXvKwYzERlMUQShMZDe7q-WfTjl1r_Uy6aB5iohvFwvDG4M1qupld59ypZ8g&_nc_ht=scontent.fric1-1.fna&oh=e4770bf6440eb7d8170ee7a6388367cf&oe=5CED0E1C

Also, we had Facebook confirmation that a Female Wizards plastic boxed set is in the works.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, TheAuldGrump said:

So, how many people have used the Soldiers 2 box to make 'Mrs. Claus'?

The Auld Grump

Never thought of that although my wife thinks our enchanter looks a lot like Ded Moroz (russian Santa). I've got an archer/ranger with the fur lined hood.  Just finished painting my first 2 of the girls. My kids said they look like the water tribe from Avatar the last airbender. I've got all the metals and a bunch of the plastics prepped and waiting.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, TheAuldGrump said:

So, how many people have used the Soldiers 2 box to make 'Mrs. Claus'?

The Auld Grump

I haven't even opened the box yet, but... Now I'm intrigued. 

• Like 1

I painted up Mrs. Claus to go with the Reaper Pirate Santa. ::P:(The cleric in the kids pirate game worships Pirate Santa now... but isn't in the pirate group. He is busy finding out what happened to a missing librarian in Freeport, and has now seen and recognized The Yellow Sign.)

The Auld Grump - Sam and Becca were the players that recognized the Yellow Sign.

8 minutes ago, TheAuldGrump said:

I painted up Mrs. Claus to go with the Reaper Pirate Santa. ::P:(The cleric in the kids pirate game worships Pirate Santa now... but isn't in the pirate group. He is busy finding out what happened to a missing librarian in Freeport, and has now seen and recognized The Yellow Sign.)

The Auld Grump - Sam and Becca were the players that recognized the Yellow Sign.

Pictures?

• Like 2

On 3/1/2019 at 11:06 AM, Crowley said:

Pictures?

I think he has the FG minis with him, otherwise I would be taking pics right now.

I think the one he is talking about has a lantern and an axe, with a backpack. Red coat, red pants, green vest, white fur, green pack, black or dark brown boots.

I was the one that named her Mrs. Claus. ::P:

Great for Vanguard, they are grunts in the making. Jon is using the barbarians as his clansmen for NA.

The wizards are kind of blank canvas, boring, but waiting for the artist to do something with. All the FG minis are good for that. A starting point.

I need a box of cultists, grump painted all thge ones we had in yellow and purple for his KiY worshipers, but Blood of Vol needs different colors.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, PaganMegan said:

I think he has the FG minis with him, otherwise I would be taking pics right now.

I think the one he is talking about has a lantern and an axe, with a backpack. Red coat, red pants, green vest, white fur, green pack, black or dark brown boots.

I was the one that named her Mrs. Claus. ::P:

Great for Vanguard, they are grunts in the making. Jon is using the barbarians as his clansmen for NA.

The wizards are kind of blank canvas, boring, but waiting for the artist to do something with. All the FG minis are good for that. A starting point.

I need a box of cultists, grump painted all thge ones we had in yellow and purple for his KiY worshipers, but Blood of Vol needs different colors.

My cultists are mostly going to be in yellow robes too, though more for the god of the Black Sun from my Stonehell game, but it works for the KiY too. 

• Like 3

So my painting my cultists yellow and black wasn't that original? Guess we all agree that yellow is an evil colour. :devil:

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Got back from my mom's stay in the hospital to find a box full of tribals, crewmen, cultists soldiers and barbarians.  Also a decent number of Copplestone's Somali Archers.

Hopefully I can get some time to do some kit bashing.

• Like 7