Sign in to follow this  
lowlylowlycook

Anyone else digging the new Oathmark plastics as much as I am

I think these crewmen will make quite good corsairs

Northstar_Corsairs_1.thumb.jpg.094d6bd14aad750dac7f568a694fee51.jpg

And the tribesmen will do as Woses.  Their weapons are quite huge to my eye.

Northstar_Woses_1.thumb.jpg.f74ac76aa4160bd75a9d7d478113ad3f.jpg

Tried to convert some of the barbarian bodies into orcs.  They aren't terrible but to my mind they are just wearing too much to be from Isenguard and I don't think I have the right heads to make it work. ( tried Northstar's goblin heads and Mantic's orc heads)

I was quite surprised how well the pike arms that I got from Warlord's plastic pike and shot set fit onto the barbarian bodies.

Northstar_Conversions_1.thumb.jpg.8420f811c4b5cb4157cc1f3241ff5587.jpg

[edit]  Forgot to mention the Sunanese with the blowpipe that might do for Far Harad...

Edited by lowlylowlycook
  • Like 6

Really want some more wolfriders so I've been waiting to see what these will look like. Already got a wishlist going for my next Northstar order but I've got enough on the go already I can wait for these. Hopefully won't be too much longer.

• Like 2

On 12/26/2017 at 3:54 PM, Lars Porsenna said:

If you wait long enough, the manufacturer all but confirmed that warg-riding gobbos are in the works.

Damon.

Well, it's been quite the wait so far.   

I mean the wolf riders from Bones5 probably won't come out first.  Probably.

• Like 3

They look good!

Makes me wonder what the "special" troops for Elfs & Humans will be. Dwarfs got extra-heavy infantry (fits thematically). Humans will probably get heavy cavalry. And Elfs will get ???

Damon.

• Like 2

On 11/20/2019 at 7:54 AM, Lars Porsenna said:

They look good!

Makes me wonder what the "special" troops for Elfs & Humans will be. Dwarfs got extra-heavy infantry (fits thematically). Humans will probably get heavy cavalry. And Elfs will get ???

Damon.

Stormbringer.

• Haha 3

At first I thought it was weird but at this point it's just mystifying that there's no plastic musician bits on the sprue. I would gladly trade away the champion bits for it.

Anyway, pretty decent wolfriders. Actually a pretty beefy wolf, got to say. Nice to see they don't have saddles so they'll make for good plastic dire wolves or something. I'm surprised to see that the legs and torsos are old school split. I still really, really want unarmoured goblins, tho. Raggedy and shirtless is the way to go.

Elves will likely get mounted knights as well.

• Like 2