Sign in to follow this  
lowlylowlycook

Anyone else digging the new Oathmark plastics as much as I am

15 minutes ago, lowlylowlycook said:

Well, I might have panicked with the Reaper forums down and added some barbarians to my order.  You know, just in case they could be coverted to some Uruks.

Depending on how you picture the uruks, using gnoll heads on the barbarian bodies could work... Oath mark goblins would be closer, but...

Also, is it weird that the nickstarter for the Gods of Fire hasn't even hit the first stretch goal yet?

They are kind of an oddball category.

Most of MoM could be used in other games, but South Seas natives are a bit less flexible.

I would be happy with just the plastics to add to our bits box. But Grump sees use for his pirates games.

Now Tribal HALFLINGS would make me happy!

• Like 1

Totally digging the orcs... Er, goblins...IMG_20190212_214819__01.thumb.jpg.791651780c7a06db0777942a4b639b10.jpg

There are some Frostgrave bits mixed in...

IMG_20190212_215006__01.thumb.jpg.db2dd545008bcef5c7929e1066b0b8c1.jpg

And the goblin bits work well on Frostgrave minis too!

• Like 6

If I'd had the option years ago my dwarf and goblin armies would have been mostly Oathmark minis instead of GW. As it is they're getting some reinforcements. The goblins are mostly finished but I still want 1 more unit with 2 handed weapons. I'll be scrounging from the Frostgrave and GW bits piles to get enough. The dwarves need a lot more work and I'm undecided whether or not to scrap a couple barely started units and replace them completely with the Oathmark ones. Wish I had the Oathmark dwarves before I converted a bunch of GW dwarves into spearmen. But I did that unit about 10 years ago.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, TheAuldGrump said:

Is that a kappa between them?

The Auld Grump

He's officially an "Imp" but yeah, he makes me think Kappa (which was what the Imp spell turned you into in classic Final Fantasy games!)

Also, the Wizard kit is up for pre-orders and we've seen sprue:

DSCN5279.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Lidless Eye said:

He's officially an "Imp" but yeah, he makes me think Kappa (which was what the Imp spell turned you into in classic Final Fantasy games!)

DSCN5279.jpg

Disappointed there isn't a female body, or any gnoll specific bits... Probably still gonna get it.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Crowley said:

Disappointed there isn't a female body, or any gnoll specific bits... Probably still gonna get it.

It has been mentioned that all the new arm options fit on the Soldiers II bodies.  And hinted there may be an eventual second release of female Wizards if this is a big hit.

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, Lidless Eye said:

It has been mentioned that all the new arm options fit on the Soldiers II bodies.  And hinted there may be an eventual second release of female Wizards if this is a big hit.

I mean, yeah, sure the arms will work with everything from the female soldiers to the gnolls, but... It isn't the same as getting a gnoll/beastcrafter body and a female body in the set. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On ‎2‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 10:40 PM, Lidless Eye said:

DSCN5279.jpg

Lots of lovely bits!

But... 75% of the price of the other kits, with only 40% of the figures.::(:

• Sad 2