Kate

Kate's minivember challenge

I decided to participate in order to try to make some headway on my vast collection of unpainted neglected minis. My sister was visiting so although I painted, I have not been on the computer until today. I got out a bunch of figures that I thought that I could finish. I started with some simple ones since I had company and so far am pretty much on schedule with 18 completed.

5a0f29e9998d5_minivemberfinished1accessories.JPG.37b93cc87acdf9aec37398e294d184a6.JPG5a0f29e9d732d_minivemberfinished2goblins.JPG.33296e3830ff7056964e07636c6fe396.JPG

I have torture chamber accessories, 12 goblins, and the goblin drummer and drum carrier from Bones 3.

Still on deck:

5a0f2a82809c6_minivemberlasttwoweeks.JPG.cbebf8fb9acbf53ce07b1110bc5f6f74.JPG

Thanks to my sickly dogs and my husbands use of electrolytes for his races, I have an unending supply of holders. What it really serves to do is make me go in and put paint on figures when I see so many ready. Behind those, I have a bunch of "shelf of shame" figures that are destined for the Thanksgiving Weekend Challenge. I am so hoping to get many figures off the table this month. And get better pictures going forward.

• Like 7

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By SparrowMarie
      Soooo... I'm doing this again this year. I thought I'd have my October stuff up and ready to go by October but Life happened. This led me to the decision to do this again this year. I've adjusted the rules for this year. They may or may not be different to last years, I can't find the post that lists them from then. I have picked minis but have too many on the list so I need to cull it down and then write out my calendar.

Rules:

Paint 30 (or more) unique minis. This means you can paint a bunch of one sculpt but it only counts as 1 mini towards the count. Example: I painted over 70 minis last year but because of the number of sculpts that I did it only came out to 30 discreet minis. You do not have to paint one a day but one for each day. Prep beforehand is totally permitted (washing, mold line removal, priming, etc.) Any paint other than liner (any color) for Bones is not permitted.  
      ETA:
      This is starting in November.

• By SparrowMarie
      Minivember is here once again! I know that today is the 5th so I'm going to have to play a little catch up as I was on vacation until yesterday evening. Now I need to get started painting so this will probably be a shorter intro post than previous years. You may ask why the title says "The Last." Well because this is the last year that I am going to be doing Minivember. Next year I'll have a new fun thing but it will be in October instead of November because of how busy this time of year is for me. And I know that the holidays are part of the challenge but it's getting to be too much of a challenge.

This year I'm going to be painting minis from Shadows of Brimstone that I have not yet finished. My goal (like every year) is to paint at least thirty (30) unique minis, one (1) for each day. While I've reached this goal in the past I'm going to push myself a little further this year and try to get all of one type of the mini painted. Some of them have up to six (6) of the same mini. I chose to paint this because I want to play the game again and this is a great time to get it done. While this is not all of the SoB minis that I have to do it is a good chunk of them. 

Anyway, here's this year's calendar and I'll be posting photos as soon as I can.

• By SparrowMarie
      I finally got photos uploaded to the blog. Here's the link to them so I don't have a super picture heavy post. ETA: Most of the minis are from the Bones 3 KS. 

Minivember 2017

Here's a sneak peek:

• By Inarah
      First two:

On deck: 

In the bullpen:

• By Silvervane
      Ok I decided to give this a go, with no expectations of actually succeeding.  Also, rather than spam @SparrowMarie thread I thought I start my own.  Day 1 and Day 2 were me painting up 2 of 5 Bones Ghast in an attempt at using the shaded basecoat method.  Each took about 2-3 hours and I didn't clean up one much.  I then decided that they need a better base so I threw the 5 on a base and added some sand and stone to the existing base.  I then decided that I wont include painting the base in my modification to the challenge.

Day 1 and Day 2:

Day 3:
      Today I didn't get much time.  And tommorrow I will not get any time.  So I started some of the Massive Darkness chest's.   I also finished sealing up 8 more chests that I finished up last month and 4 of the last 8 Zcide NPC's I need to finish.  Here is all I got done.

Thanks for following along in this attempt to force me to paint fast and free.
  • Who's Online   16 Members, 1 Anonymous, 200 Guests (See full list)