londwch

Avukavli Snake Demon

Here is one I did last week and I thought I would put it on here, I searched around at other attempts at it and decided to have a stab at it.  I don't know if I should have censored this because her top half is naked but I did see that it looks like the moderator removes the image if it is not okay.  Apologies if there is any offence.

I found this figure really hard to do as there was lots going on with bangles and arms plus I have no idea how to do scales.  I have next to no idea about highlighting as you can tell and I am just learning through trial and error so here goes.

( oh and the face got too much for me in the end as it this stage in my painting eyes are virtually impossible ! :) )20171118_175259.thumb.jpg.ae07a487f64398087dceda2d0a1e231f.jpg

Edited by londwch
  • Like 6

She looks good!  Maybe look into using some washes that will help you to define some of your shadows.

Also check YouTube.  There are many great tutorials that will help you understand highlighting better. But don't be discouraged as highlighting is not easy and will take time to learn. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

She looks good!

You will need to remove the pictures and link them from an external site with a nudity warning.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Citrine said:

She looks good!

You will need to remove the pictures and link them from an external site with a nudity warning.

Thanks citrine was not sure so I think I have removed any offensive stuff. I will go and check the other one. Like the link to CMON.

Edited by londwch
forgot to include something
  • Thanks 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Glitterwolf
      This is Vilthiss Snake Champion from Mierce's Banelords Range.
      Resin.
      Base is made with a Greenstuffworld Rollerpin some skulls and a few of Ristul's Fantasy Market's resin bugs.

After taking the pics I noticed a little too much purple gums on the upper side of the teeth, it's fixed.

He's part of my Lost World Project which you can find here:
      https://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/69308-lost-world-project-glitterwolf-paints-coldblooded-creatures-and-conquistadores/&page=154

This guy has some belts and buckles, If I didn't know better I would suspect it was a Klocke sculpt..

NEW PICS ADDED

Fixed the teeth and added a reflection dot.
      First 5 pics are the new ones.

• By Inarah
      Did a little painting today to calm my nerves before the con.  Experimented with several brands of metallic paint.  Photos are not great, but you get the idea. 

• By stormbreach
      Here is the snake man warrior I finished a few weeks back.  I was having issues with the yellow belly since the paint was very chalky but I did what I could.  I am happy with the shading and tiny reflection on the gem on his bracer, it was my first time doing that, even though it's basically invisible from 3 feet away.  Let me know what you think!

• By Brianuk
      Enjoyed painting these but can't say I applied any great magic or too much time to them. They were all really quick to complete, working up from coloured primer with washes then bone or cream or pink for details. 

• By eldamir
      If I'm going to do a Bones IV figure, why not start with this big fella..

Going to go for a classic Hooded Cobra look on the upper half and stone on the lower ..

Will be using this picture for a reference..

Since I'm terrible at remembering to take pictures, I've already done:
       - Brown Liner all over
       - Stone Wash on the lower half
       - Stormy Grey dry brush on the lower
       - Misty Grey dry brush on the lower
       - Sepia Liner on the top
       - Griffon Tan on the top

The stonework looks decent for now,  but haven't tried for pseudo-realism on this scale before (pun definitely intended :D )
  • Who's Online   12 Members, 0 Anonymous, 180 Guests (See full list)