Ash Adler

77153: Nagendra Stalker/Snakeman Warrior

I'd felt like I was banging my head on a wall with the main mini that I was working on lately, so I set that aside to work on this as a something simple to make me feel a bit better.  My first try at NMM, too (which shows :lol:).  All I can say is that the contrast really did look better to my eyes until I started taking photos of it.  At least it's somewhat made up for by how nice the eyes and the gem on the left bracer turned out.

stalker_1.jpg.52b32e21e0e70e858fe5433dda3af8e6.jpgstalker_2.jpg.1b3238b778d48b9d5497279213baaeba.jpg

More photos and thought process at my blog: link

C&C welcome ::):

• Like 22

The eyes look great! 

Sometimes you need to take a break from those hard pieces and prove to yourself you can still paint.  

Nice work!

• Like 1

As I have said before, we are our own worst critics!

This is a very good snek!

Good eyes!

The gem is very cool!

Pics are always harsh.

*** Should the Snek be looking for a new job, the Frogking is hiring in my Lost World Project***

• Like 3

18 hours ago, NecroMancer said:

The eyes look great! 

Sometimes you need to take a break from those hard pieces and prove to yourself you can still paint.  

Nice work!

Yeah, my confidence was just completely tattered from the other mini I was working on.  Really needed something fairly simple that'd still let me try a few new things, and this one fit the role perfectly.

• Like 4

That is a SPLENDID looking Snake Fellow. Your choice of colors & brushwork are OUTSTANDING. VERY NICELY DONE!

How well a camera shows off a miniature depends a lot on lighting & background. Even then a camera is a contrary creature.

• Like 2