SirLarpsAlot

Lendil Blackroot - 3 Color Challenge

WIP Thread here: http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/77998-3-color-challenge-on-lendil-blackroot/

Challenge Thread here: http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/77990-cmpa-three-color-challenge/

I finished the painting on Lendil by adding some OSL. I found the purple hard to work with in terms of the effect. I wanted a brighter purple but the Royal Purple + Linen White didn't get nearly as vivid as I wanted. Instead, poor Lendil's staff is giving off a soft purple glow. It's fine, just not the final effect I was looking for. :)

I gave him a bit of a base. Just a couple of tufts and some mud. I need to start working on getting better at basing. I think that might be a thing for 2018.

MVIMG_20171113_232237.thumb.jpg.51791f71623f893b5d4d94a5654e0c78.jpgMVIMG_20171113_232248.thumb.jpg.d5e96538c259302664e7e74a5df10e39.jpg

• Like 17

Those are tufts from MiniNatur. Hanger 18 has a good selection if you want to support someone localish. We might do a potluck for our December meetup so you might even be able to save on shipping. :)

Great work on the various fabrics, the texturing on the cape and the green robes are excellent!

Kang

3 hours ago, Kang said:

Great work on the various fabrics, the texturing on the cape and the green robes are excellent!

Kang

Thanks. It's what I've been working on ever since I took Rhonda Bender's "Highlighting with Texturing" class at Reapercon in 2016. 

And thanks for the kind comments, Wolves. ::D: