Sign in to follow this  
BananeDC

Conan The Boardgame Fully painted

On 24/11/2017 at 1:41 PM, Guyscanwefocusplease said:

While all of this is impressive, especially the paint time, I was most blown away by the marble... How did you get such great looking marble??

Hi, i followed this video :

Then i sprayed shining varnish.

Thanx Malefactus, it's kind from you :poke:

Edited by BananeDC
  • Like 1

Wow! Such dedication and patiance.. Is very rare actually. Congrats on a project completed and very well done too!

You have a very lucky gaming group. I hope they appreciate the immense amount of effort you are putting into the time you share together... 

Thanks Volkfest !

Conan is part of a giant project i have started 4 years ago that is to paint the maximum of D&D bestiary. 1570 minis painted sor far, including Bones (2x core set for the monsters), Bones 2, Bones 3, and 700 D&D minis (reapainted).

I will create a (giant) topic as soon as i have the courage. :poke:

• Like 2

On 11/29/2017 at 1:20 AM, BananeDC said:

Thanks Volkfest !

Conan is part of a giant project i have started 4 years ago that is to paint the maximum of D&D bestiary. 1570 minis painted sor far, including Bones (2x core set for the monsters), Bones 2, Bones 3, and 700 D&D minis (reapainted).

I will create a (giant) topic as soon as i have the courage. :poke:

Wow!

I only started painting a few years ago. But I always wind up taking longer than I expect. although I am trying to get better with techniques, I probably will start trying to bang out some faster paints on Bones figures soon. I have enough higher quality resin and metal figures that can be reserved for the better paint jobs.

But 212 minis in 120 minutes? And in 6 weeks? They obviously look like base coats and washes, but still that is impressive. I can't do all the base coating on most figures in under an hour.

I found that I was adjusting my D&D campaign I was running last year to fit the figures that I was slowly painting. I need to learn to lower my painting standards for some figures to get things done faster.

Edited by Blue Prophet

9 hours ago, Blue Prophet said:

But 212 minis in 120 minutes?

Er...if only i had such powers...but this is only in 120 hours :poke:

Concerning the time by the way, the more you paint, the faster you paint.

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By SamuraiJack
      Live:  https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/cmon/marvel-united/description

Blowing through stretch goals as you would expect

Story
      It’s time to become the Heroes you were always meant to be! Designed by Eric M. Lang and Andrea Chiarvesio, Marvel United is a fast-paced cooperative game where players take control of Marvel Super Heroes and band together to thwart the master plans of the most dangerous Villains in the universe. With an all-new visual take by Edouard Guiton, brought to life in fantastic sculpts, Marvel United will challenge you and your friends. Only by standing united will you have any chance of victory!  
       PLAY      
    • By Chris Palmer
      I just saw an announcement for an upcoming The Princess Bride boardgame, coming in October.  I'm so hoping the figures are in a usable 28mm-32mm gaming scale, as it would be so fun to use them outside of the game.   Apparently it will be priced at $25!

https://io9.gizmodo.com/the-princess-bride-board-game-is-an-inconceivably-good-1844687619

• By Mutilatedlips
      This mini said Paizo on the bottom and a date from the early 2000's. It reminded me of the Robert E. Howard Conan story "Rogues in the House" and painted him with red in his cloak as sort of an homage.

• By Iron
      The Path of the Adventurers is a combat-based exploration game for 1 to 4 players, The adventurers will fight to defeat the Dark Lords. 
      The Path of the Adventurers is a cooperative combat-based exploration game for 1 to 4 players with very detailed art that includes amazing resin miniatures, which will make you dive deeply into the quests of a group of Adventurers who fight together across dangerous locations to defeat the Dark Lords sowing chaos in the kingdom. 

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/juegorama/the-path-of-the-adventurers-boardgame

• By Orlando_the_Technicoloured
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/cmon/starcadia-quest/description

Main Game ($80)

Expansion Box ($40, so $120 total)

We will ship your rewards at our cost to our international hubs. Depending on where in the world you are, we will either ship to you from our hub in the UK (EU backers), China (Asia Pacific backers), Singapore (Singaporean backers), Canada (Canadian backers), Australia (Australia and New Zealand backers) or Atlanta (USA and the rest of the world). Following is a list of rough estimates for shipping a standard game package (4kg volumetric weight). Keep in mind these are just estimates, and costs may rise based on weight increases from unlocked stretch goals and any optional buys you choose.
      USA: $10-$20 to most states. $50 to Alaska, Hawaii, and Puerto Rico.  CANADA: $15-$30 to most cities.  LATIN AMERICA: $70-$80 to most countries.  ASIA: $10 to China, Hong Kong, and Singapore. $35 to most other countries (we can’t predict an estimate cost to Malaysia). OCEANIA: $20-$45 to Australia. $40 to New Zealand.  AFRICA: $95 to most countries.  EUROPE: $20-$30 to most countries.   • $35 to Norway, Switzerland, Finland, Estonia, and Latvia.   • $50 to Bosnia/Herzegowina, Croatia, and Iceland.   • $70-$80 to Israel, Liechtenstein, and Serbia.  • $90 to Belarus. Unfortunately, different import laws and customs have made it impossible for CMON to ship games to certain specific countries.
      *WE DO NOT SHIP TO:* Russia, Ukraine, Kazakhstan and Afghanistan.
      Basically a Tweaked version of Arcadia Quest designed to run faster and be easier to set up, with Sci-Fi-ification

Dicetower preview video

https://youtu.be/OIBNBe3HPXc

Rulebook work in progress

https://youtu.be/OIBNBe3HPXc
  • Who's Online   17 Members, 1 Anonymous, 35 Guests (See full list)