Sign in to follow this  
eldamir

Dragons Don't Share 2014 Tower Ruins (Eventually to be part of a larger ShowOff for the whole shooting match) (( pic heavy))

So one of my November goals was to work on (or even finish) the DDS 2014 tower ruins .. If you look at the WIP thread, you'll see that it took me a LOOONG time to get this done finally.. 

I'm not completely satisfied with the way the treasure came out, and learned a lot from applying the sand without painting the base Bonesium first, but over all, I'm fairly happy with it... 

Dragons Don't Share (Ruins 2).JPG

Dragons Don't Share (Ruins 1).JPG

Dragons Don't Share (Ruins 3).JPG

Dragons Don't Share (Ruins 4).JPG

Dragons Don't Share (Ruins 5).JPG

Dragons Don't Share (Ruins 6).JPG

Dragons Don't Share (Ruins 7).JPG

Dragons Don't Share (Ruins 8).JPG

Dragons Don't Share (Ruins 9).JPG

Dragons Don't Share (Ruins 10).JPG

Dragons Don't Share (Ruins 11).jpg

Dragons Don't Share (Ruins 12).jpg

• Like 12

Almost forgot the signature!  Found this on the treasure piece, so picked it out in gold (although I need better brush control for letters)

5a19e2ffd72a7_DragonsDontShare(Ruins13)Signature.thumb.jpg.81c2e1b77c078bf66eb27ebd9efc0b9e.jpg

Edited by eldamir
  • Like 7

What!  I didnt notice that on mine!  I'll have to check it. 

I love the red stone look!  I almost went with that on mine but just didn't like the results I was getting!  Your's came out great!

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, NecroMancer said:

I didnt notice that on mine!  I'll have to check it. 

There's a  BR on that underside of the tower top, but it really blends into the wreckage.. I tried to pick it out too, but forgot a picture as well..

Looks great!  I have a question though about how the top of the tower fits onto the bottom.  I managed to find this set on clearance at the FLGS in my home town and snatched it up . When I look at the top piece of the tower there's a little tab on the end as if there should be a hole it fits into but there's no hole at the spot where it would fit together, though there does appear to be an outline where a slot would be.  Did you fit it like this, or even have this little tab sticking out of the roof portion?   (pictures attached)

Tower top.jpg

Tower bottom.jpg

1 hour ago, Couvs said:

Looks great!  I have a question though about how the top of the tower fits onto the bottom.  I managed to find this set on clearance at the FLGS in my home town and snatched it up . When I look at the top piece of the tower there's a little tab on the end as if there should be a hole it fits into but there's no hole at the spot where it would fit together, though there does appear to be an outline where a slot would be.  Did you fit it like this, or even have this little tab sticking out of the roof portion?   (pictures attached)

Tower top.jpg

Tower bottom.jpg

I cut that little tab off of mine. It didn't have a hole to fit into so I just used my hobby knife and sliced it off. Some people glue the top of the tower to the bottom, others (like me) leave it so it can be lifted off.

Very good! I reckon adding some vines and moss could not hurt either, but thats up to you.. 

Cant wait for the whole diorama! Keep at it! 

5 hours ago, VolksFest said:

Very good! I reckon adding some vines and moss could not hurt either, but thats up to you.. 

Cant wait for the whole diorama! Keep at it! 

As it's a desert theme, vegetation was completely skipped.

6 hours ago, Pochi said:

I cut that little tab off of mine. It didn't have a hole to fit into so I just used my hobby knife and sliced it off. Some people glue the top of the tower to the bottom, others (like me) leave it so it can be lifted off.

That's what I did as well, although I'm kind of regretting not drilling out small holes for unsecured pins to hold it in place. (i.e. glue the pins into the bottom of the tower top and just having holes for them to fit into in the bottom.  

Perhaps I'll do that yet..

Oh, and I've also been considering magnetizing the wooden bases so they stay together better :)

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By SamuraiJack
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/thminiatures/desert-scenery-terrain-for-tabletop-gaming-and-wargames?ref=discovery_category_newest

“I’m the last one... and now a silent cloak of darkness has fallen on the small vault in which I found shelter a few days ago! I thought I’d be safe here for a while. But that has turned out not to be true as danger lurks everywhere and nowhere all at once... However, I am the last… and the improvised torch I had made with a scrap of wood and some fabric from my clothes has started to flicker... I’m thus truly the last, and the shadows dancing to the rhythm of the flames across these cracked walls will soon give way to a cold and immobile void! Until then, I’m taking advantage of the final glow of my torch to write these few lines in the small booklet that’s never far from me... I am the last survivor of the mad expedition to this lost, nay, damned city… yes, as in a few hours the sand will have soaked up even the last drop of the blood now flowing from my leg, which was crushed by a large boulder, which I neither have the strength nor the will to move. I’m stuck here and condemned to remain here for eternity, or at least until my final breath... It’s my unbound pride which has led me to this desperate situation with no end possible other than this atrocious and pointless death... yet things started out so well... I had finally discovered the famous City of the Sands, and I naively believed that History would remember my feat as well as my name... the truth is much more cruel! I remain alone in the silence of the night… slowly agonizing... I am… the last… the last!”
      For this fifth Kickstarter campaign, THM has been burning the midnight oil and is proud to introduce a whole new line: DESERT.
      A complete line of new products. .STL digital versions to print at home.  The possibility to get the All-In box and all Stretch Goals PAINTED.  Perfectly scaled for 25 to 32 mm miniatures or simply for the pleasure of collecting, these sceneries will answer to the most demanding among you. THM terrain pieces are cast in the best resin available on the market making them robust and modular.
      For this range, THMiniatures uses pressure casting, which totally suppresses bubbles  and displays the smallest details of these finely-sculpted pieces.

Mat from PWorkWargame.com On the right you will find different pledges. Each pledge level has the cost and what items are included.
      With the  exception of the DESERT ALL-IN, the PREMIUM and the 3D pledges, it is not necessary to immediately choose your items when you pledge. THMiniatures will send an access to the pledge manager once the campaign has been finished. This ensures that you can still pick items that will get unlocked during the campaign! 
      instagram: @paintofthegame  
      Mat from PWorkWargame.com  
    • By Dan S
      It has been a while since my last post, I'm am just struggling to find the free time to sit down and paint or build at the moment.

Anyway, this week I got the opportunity to run some run some 'build along' model making workshops with the kids at the Youth Centre where I work, and we have been putting together little X-mas themed display pieces.  It was actually pretty fun being able to share and introduce a new generation to the joys of my nerdy hobby.  I was pretty pleased with how they turned out so I figured I would share. 

The base is just a piece of log, and the moose is a very cheap plastic toy (I repainted mine), which I managed to find at a local discount store in big buckets of 50 animals for £2, they really cheap and nasty, but actually paint up nicely.  Everything else is just standard modeling stuff, sculptamold, static grasses, clump foliage etc.

On another note I have not forgotten about or abandoned my Apocalyptic Suburbia Journal, it is still sat on my desk gathering dust.  I plan to get back to it in the new year.

• By Punkfrog
      New range of scenery by Hammerlot Games.
      Link: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/hammerlot/dark-stones-the-cult-begins

• By Jasper_the_2nd
      (Yes, the title is a throwback to a contest I ran years ago on here....no I'm not running another one, with today's shipping rates, ugh......)

This is where I'm going to work on 3D printed terrain pieces for Star Wars Legion, most of which currently are going to be spaceships.  Because why use generic terrain when you can be shooting Rebel Scum hiding behind X-wings and the like?

Up first is this:

All the FDM bits are there, but most of the resin bits (guns, ramp, interior) are still in a bin waiting to have their supports removed and cured.
      I figured I should get a thread started as maybe that will get me over that initial hurdle of actually starting.  This has all been printed for a week or two and just sitting there....plus I'm gonna need that airbrush booth for other things sooner or later....

I will, of course, be attempting to make this look somewhat like the original episode 5 version, not some retconned prequel sillyness.

Now to go listen to some Prism.
    • By Kangaroorex
      Every year I put together a village using as many of my noncombative miniatures along with my Dwarven forge village a few pieces from my parents ceramic village and my old shops from the fire as she bears campaign

It may not be finished yet but its a good start to the holiday!
  • Who's Online   24 Members, 3 Anonymous, 34 Guests (See full list)