eldamir

Dragons Don't Share 2014 Tower Ruins (Eventually to be part of a larger ShowOff for the whole shooting match) (( pic heavy))

So one of my November goals was to work on (or even finish) the DDS 2014 tower ruins .. If you look at the WIP thread, you'll see that it took me a LOOONG time to get this done finally.. 

I'm not completely satisfied with the way the treasure came out, and learned a lot from applying the sand without painting the base Bonesium first, but over all, I'm fairly happy with it... 

Dragons Don't Share (Ruins 2).JPG

Dragons Don't Share (Ruins 1).JPG

Dragons Don't Share (Ruins 3).JPG

Dragons Don't Share (Ruins 4).JPG

Dragons Don't Share (Ruins 5).JPG

Dragons Don't Share (Ruins 6).JPG

Dragons Don't Share (Ruins 7).JPG

Dragons Don't Share (Ruins 8).JPG

Dragons Don't Share (Ruins 9).JPG

Dragons Don't Share (Ruins 10).JPG

Dragons Don't Share (Ruins 11).jpg

Dragons Don't Share (Ruins 12).jpg

• Like 12

Almost forgot the signature!  Found this on the treasure piece, so picked it out in gold (although I need better brush control for letters)

5a19e2ffd72a7_DragonsDontShare(Ruins13)Signature.thumb.jpg.81c2e1b77c078bf66eb27ebd9efc0b9e.jpg

Edited by eldamir
  • Like 7

What!  I didnt notice that on mine!  I'll have to check it. 

I love the red stone look!  I almost went with that on mine but just didn't like the results I was getting!  Your's came out great!

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, NecroMancer said:

I didnt notice that on mine!  I'll have to check it. 

There's a  BR on that underside of the tower top, but it really blends into the wreckage.. I tried to pick it out too, but forgot a picture as well..

Looks great!  I have a question though about how the top of the tower fits onto the bottom.  I managed to find this set on clearance at the FLGS in my home town and snatched it up . When I look at the top piece of the tower there's a little tab on the end as if there should be a hole it fits into but there's no hole at the spot where it would fit together, though there does appear to be an outline where a slot would be.  Did you fit it like this, or even have this little tab sticking out of the roof portion?   (pictures attached)

Tower top.jpg

Tower bottom.jpg

1 hour ago, Couvs said:

Looks great!  I have a question though about how the top of the tower fits onto the bottom.  I managed to find this set on clearance at the FLGS in my home town and snatched it up . When I look at the top piece of the tower there's a little tab on the end as if there should be a hole it fits into but there's no hole at the spot where it would fit together, though there does appear to be an outline where a slot would be.  Did you fit it like this, or even have this little tab sticking out of the roof portion?   (pictures attached)

Tower top.jpg

Tower bottom.jpg

I cut that little tab off of mine. It didn't have a hole to fit into so I just used my hobby knife and sliced it off. Some people glue the top of the tower to the bottom, others (like me) leave it so it can be lifted off.

Very good! I reckon adding some vines and moss could not hurt either, but thats up to you.. 

Cant wait for the whole diorama! Keep at it! 

5 hours ago, VolksFest said:

Very good! I reckon adding some vines and moss could not hurt either, but thats up to you.. 

Cant wait for the whole diorama! Keep at it! 

As it's a desert theme, vegetation was completely skipped.

6 hours ago, Pochi said:

I cut that little tab off of mine. It didn't have a hole to fit into so I just used my hobby knife and sliced it off. Some people glue the top of the tower to the bottom, others (like me) leave it so it can be lifted off.

That's what I did as well, although I'm kind of regretting not drilling out small holes for unsecured pins to hold it in place. (i.e. glue the pins into the bottom of the tower top and just having holes for them to fit into in the bottom.  

Perhaps I'll do that yet..

Oh, and I've also been considering magnetizing the wooden bases so they stay together better :)