GM.Leigh

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Clearman said:

I really like the color combinations.

Feedback:  the eyes are a bit rough, but I think painting eyes is one of the universal challenges.

Thanks! Eyes are super hard. This was my second attempt at painting eyes first, then skin. First time went better, these came out a bit big. 

16 minutes ago, NecroMancer said:

Welcome!

Looks great!  Nice clean paint job!

Thank you!

3 minutes ago, GM.Leigh said:

Thanks! Eyes are super hard. This was my second attempt at painting eyes first, then skin. First time went better, these came out a bit big.

It's always a crap-shoot for me as well.  Don't be afraid to scrap what you've done and start over.  Painting the eyes first makes this more palatable.

Also, practice this:

https://www.reapermini.com/TheCraft/12

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Clearman said:

It's always a crap-shoot for me as well.  Don't be afraid to scrap what you've done and start over.  Painting the eyes first makes this more palatable.

Also, practice this:

https://www.reapermini.com/TheCraft/12

This is what I have been trying to follow! It's a great tip. Working out well so far, I guess I just need to paint more 

• Like 2

Very cool.  Practice will certainly help.  The Resolutionary Painting Challenges helped motivate me to paint more.  The challenge runs all year long, but is broken up into 6 bi-monthly groups.  The goal is to complete at least 52 figures throughout the year.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Clearman said:

Very cool.  Practice will certainly help.  The Resolutionary Painting Challenges helped motivate me to paint more.  The challenge runs all year long, but is broken up into 6 bi-monthly groups.  The goal is to complete at least 52 figures throughout the year.

Amazing! Thank you. I will check this out. 

• Like 1

That's a great skin tone, very well achieved. My humble suggestion would be not to fret too much about the eyes.. As already stated its an advanced technique and requires much patience above all else. After 3 years it still takes me 5-10 tries to get it right and there are times that I just give up and settle for good enough. 

The good news is that, all you have to do is paint eyes. But dont get stuck on a specific mini, paint and move on. Sometimes the eyes are not very well sculpted and trying to get them right on such a mini can be counter productive. Sample many different eyes, try different techniques and you'll soon find them to be much easier.. Never a walk in the park but easier ^_^ 

• Like 3

Lovely!

Her skintone is beautiful!

Welcome to the forum!

As for the eyes. I think the trick here is to make them smaller, just use your skintone around the eyes some more till you got a tiny white circle/oval with the pupil.

Edited by Glitterwolf
  • Like 1