Infinity War Trailer

Chris Palmer

9 minutes ago, Chaoswolf said:

Ooh, I didn't know that. That should help, I think.

Also of note, that just before Part 2, the Captain Marvel movie will be released. So it's reasonable to expect Carol Danvers to have a part in the Infinity Wars story.

Now as for Ant Man and Wasp, also released between Part 1 and 2, I'm not as sure of their presence in the grand scheme.

Edited by Cranky Dog
  • Like 3

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

45 minutes ago, Cranky Dog said:
2 hours ago, Chaoswolf said:

The trailer looks good, but I'm worried about it a little bit as well. With SO MANY characters in it, it seems like it could be good, or it could be not so good. I'll keep my fingers crossed and hope for 'really good'.

Well it is a two-parter. So the potential is there.

Also, there doesn't appear to be any main characters, and very few secondary characters, that we haven't been introduced to before.  That's what Marvel has spent the last 10 years preparing us for.   So they will need to spend very little time "introducing the team" so to speak.  That means the bulk of the movie can be setting up the plot/action, and executing the plot/action.

31 minutes ago, Cranky Dog said:

Also of note, that just before Part 2, the Captain Marvel movie will be released. So it's reasonable to expect Carol Danvers to have a part in the Infinity Wars story.

Now as for Ant Man and Wasp, also released between Part 1 and 2, I'm not as sure of their presence in the grand scheme.

Ant Man was shown in yesterday's teaser, which leads me to believe he, and perhaps Wasp, may very well play a part.  

Some people didn't like the teaser, but I thought it was great homage to Marvel's fans and the trip we'v all taken together to get to this point.

Edited by Chris Palmer
  • Like 4

I really did not like The Infinity Wars as a comic.

But after what they did with Civil War, I am more than willing to give Marvel Studios a chance. ::):

The Auld Grump - we went to see Civil War three times in the theater, and own it on Blu Ray....

*EDIT* And Guardians of the Galaxy is right up there as well....

Edited by TheAuldGrump
  • Like 4

Hmm, strawhat is right. The math doesn't add up. I had forgotten to include Black Panther when I was using a "best watch" order versus the release date and watching it every Friday until May 4 release date:

Jan 05 - Captain America: The First Avenger
Jan 12 - Iron Man
Jan 19 - Iron Man 2
Jan 26 - The Incredible Hulk (Edward Norton)
Feb 02 - Thor
Feb 09 - Avengers
Feb 16 - Iron Man 3
Feb 23 - Thor: Dark World
Mar 02 - Captain America: The Winter Soldier
Mar 09 - Guardians of the Galaxy
Mar 16 - Guardians of the Galaxy 2
Mar 23 - Avengers: Age of Ultron
Mar 30 - Ant-Man
Apr 06 - Captain America: Civil War
Apr 13 - Doctor Strange
Apr 20 - Spiderman-Homecoming
Apr 27 - Thor: Ragnarok
May 04 - Black Panther (oops)

But, if you started on January 1st instead, the dates would shift and allow you to watch all 18 movies prior to watching Infinity Wars.

Jan 01 - Captain America: The First Avenger
Jan 08 - Iron Man
Jan 15 - Iron Man 2
Jan 22 - The Incredible Hulk (Edward Norton)
Feb 29 - Thor
Feb 05 - Avengers
Feb 12 - Iron Man 3
Feb 19 - Thor: Dark World
Feb 26 - Captain America: The Winter Soldier
Mar 05 - Guardians of the Galaxy
Mar 12 - Guardians of the Galaxy 2
Mar 19 - Avengers: Age of Ultron
Mar 26 - Ant-Man
Apr 02 - Captain America: Civil War
Apr 09 - Doctor Strange
Apr 16 - Spiderman-Homecoming
Apr 23 - Thor: Ragnarok
Apr 30 - Black Panther

May 04 - Infinity Wars

Edited by pcktlnt
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, pcktlnt said:

Starting in January 2018, if you watch one marvel movie a week, you will finish in time for infinity wars.

You should fit Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. in there. Agent Coulson does have the highest screen time of all Marvel characters, and the episodes do intertwine a lot with the movies.

With (currently) 90 episodes to watch, you could watch an episode every weekday, then a movie over the weekend and be ready for Infinity Wars. The math is nearly perfect!

Hmm, Agent Coulson saves the Universe.

Edited by Cranky Dog
  • Like 6

5 hours ago, Cranky Dog said:

You should fit Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. in there. Agent Coulson does have the highest screen time of all Marvel characters, and the episodes do intertwine a lot with the movies.

I wouldn't go that far. Outside of the big reveal in Winter Soldier, they barely mention the Avengers except to complain about having to clean up their messes. Although I would not be surprised if the current season were related to Infinity War because [spoilers].

• Like 2