Sign in to follow this  
canuckotter

06202: Saproling Warriors (9)

Super quick paint job for these guys... My son wanted them for the Dragon Rampant army I'm painting him for Christmas, and I've still got a lot more to do so I everything I do in the next while is likely to be a bit rushed.

Base coat was Vallejo Model Air, Armour Brown, then drybrushed heavily with Desert Stone, lightly with Dirty Bone, then a little more heavily again with Olive Drab. The Olive Drab doesn't really show up in the picture but it's pretty decent in person - not overpowering, just enough to make them look more like old trees.

20171201_221043.thumb.jpg.46f803d3d1ccfd8e854b89d6b52ab07f.jpg

• Like 18

On 01/12/2017 at 11:08 PM, joshuaslater said:

Do you play Warlord too?  Great painting on these!

Don't play warlord. I should probably acquire the rulebook at some point, but I already have a bunch of games I never play... ::):

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Maledrakh
      From Bones 3: Vegepygmies

The Children of the Forest. Now, where has that three eyed raven gotten to?

At last, vegetables that fight back! Take that you Vile Weeds!

77513 Vegepygmies
      from the Bones 3 Stoneskull expansion
      Reaper Miniatures 2016
      Sculpted by Kevin Williams
      Classic Bones
      20mm bases
    • By Maledrakh
      From Bones 3: Gug

"It was a paw, fully two feet and a half across, and equipped with formidable talons. After it came another paw, and after that a great black-furred arm to which both of the paws were attached by short forearms. Then two pink eyes shone, and the head of the awakened gug sentry, large as a barrel, wabbled into view. The eyes jutted two inches from each side, shaded by bony protuberances overgrown with coarse hairs. But the head was chiefly terrible because of the mouth. That mouth had great yellow fangs and ran from the top to the bottom of the head, opening vertically instead of horizontally."
      H.P.Lovecraft, The Dream-Quest of Unknown Kadath

Ahoy, my dream enemy! Have at you!

Also, this one will be a part of the Kings of War Nightstalkers army.

77524 Gug, Eldritch Horror
      from the Bones 3 Mythos expansion
      Reaper Miniatures 2016
      Sculpted by Michael Brower
      Classic Bones
      40mm base

• By Maledrakh
      his one is actually from the Fan Favorites expansion and not from the Lost Valley expansion, but still...Giant Insect? Yeah, that's your Lost Valley right there. So I put it in with the rest.

To see the back bit, click the thingy:

• By canuckotter
      Finished a couple of the Greybeards set from Bones 4. Here's the latest:

The camera's being a bit weird and I can't get the colours right for both the clothing and skin at the same time, so the first pic is to show off the skin colour and the rest are to show off the colours for the rest.

It's been a while since I've done any significant painting so my skills are pretty rusty, but I moved my hobby area and finally got some motivation so I decided to make sure that I had spare wizards so friends could join a spontaneous game of Frostgrave with me if they wanted to. It's never happened but I wanted to be prepared.  

• By Pingo
      These are two copies of the Reaper Bones Large Earth Elemental 77185, sculpted by Kevin Williams.

I saw someone, I can’t recall who, paint up, it might have been one of these, like cooling lava which I thought was lovely, so I wanted to give it a try. I painted the lava version very quickly, in a few sessions: A layer of butter-yellow intensified with yellow glazing, then laying on pure black paint rather thickly, then some washes of Quinacridone Magenta and some fiddling with that and yellow on the gems.

The rock version I painted v-e-r-y slowly, in many layers over time, often with whatever paint was left on my palette from other paintings. I’m not sure when I started it, but since I haven’t painted any minis at all for the last year, it’s been some time.

I thought it interesting how very different a sculpt can look depending on how you paint it.

• Who's Online   34 Members, 4 Anonymous, 34 Guests (See full list)