Need help starting CAV army

rhino-tamer

Rhino-Tamer, from what I have seen and learned, the starter set is a good deal. But what I would do is get the dictator and replace the challenger with it. Then I would get the other units I wanted.

Jeremy

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I bought a starter set and instead of the puma, rhino, dictator,and specter, I got a rhino, challenger, sovereign, and gladiator II.

I think this is a better deal than you get with the original set, is it?

I still want a dictator though.

if this is a complaint on the packaging error, please email <[email protected]> to have things set right.

Reaper Bryan is handling this these days and likely will be out of the office until Tuesday (Monday being a holiday and all).

If it is just a question about did you get a better deal, that is a subjective question open to different interpretations based on the player's opinions about the models.

the box set is a great deal no matter what was in it, over $75 worth of products for under $40.

cher ^_^

I bought a starter set and instead of the puma, rhino, dictator,and specter, I got a rhino, challenger, sovereign, and gladiator II.

I think this is a better deal than you get with the original set, is it?

I still want a dictator though.

That sounds almost like the original Origins/GenCon 2003 Starter Set. IIRC, the original had a Panther not a Challenger. I'd 2xcheck that Challenger. The artwork in the original CAV Core Rulebook makes the Challenger and the Panther look similiar. Does the fig have missile packs on the shoulders? If not, you got a Panther and one of the Original Starter Packs. Congrats!!

Have a NICE DAY!! I really mean it.

hey people I bought a starter set and instead of the puma, rhino, dictator,and specter I got a rhino, challenger, sovereign, and gladiatorII. I think this is a better deal than you get with the original set, is it? I still want a dictator though. thanks.

Hi Rhino Tamer

My starter set was not what the box said either. Before I went through the trouble of getting Reaper to replace stuff I went on some forums like you did to get opinions from more experienced players. Even though I might prefer a Specter and Dictator what you received isn't necessarily a bad deal. Of course it's only a good deal if you get what you want no matter the value of the loss leader starter set. So if you realy wanted the Dictator that was supposed to be in the box contact Reaper, they're great people to deal with.

Have fun!

I got the same starter set while at Reaapercon, i traded one of the CAVs out fpr a Dictator (the Gladiator ) while there. I know some people think I am crazy for that trade, but I used the Challenger, Soverien lll, and the Rhino so I had a idea of what they could do. That and the Dictator and Rhino are the two most reconizeable CAVs out right now to new comers. I have a tendency to buy mecha in general based on looks as well as abilities. I bought a old sculpt Rhino this weekend at a LFGS because I like the idea of owning one of the few minis Reaper actually is trading back for the new sculpt. Besides I was considering a custum unit based on the old sculpt.

Garm, you seriously need your head checking!! :o)

It would appear that the starter sets people bought at ReaperCon were the original ones from Origins and GenCon last year. I personally thought they were a better deal than what was on the box, aside from the Dictator. Swapping the Challenger for the Dictator would make sense to me.

*Makes note to self, field Gladiators in demo games*

But either way, people got CAV's and are planning on buying more. If anyone needs a hand turning these starter sets into armies then please post here. Course, I'm sure Mad Pat and I covered it at ReaperCon :o)

Official:

If you want to exchange any of the CAV in your starter set because you feel you did not receive the product you wanted, contact me at

[email protected]

I will make arrangements

I'll just keep the stuff I got in the starter set and maybe get the Dictator that I wanted later. Mostly I wanted to hear what the Pros thought about the CAVs I got.

Thanks