Sign in to follow this  
Savage Coyote

Ritterlich Cataphract - Christmas Exchange!

2 hours ago, buglips*the*goblin said:

Neat!  I bought a Cataphract at ReaperCon.  I don't know much about CAV, so is the Cataphract a Ritterlich unit or is it a unit any faction can use and you just did it up as Ritterlich? 

Both!  The Ritterlich produce the Cataphract and arm their units with it.  If you want to play pure Ritter you'll probably have one in there.  BUT, mercs can also field the unit (they can field anything with the idea being that other factions sell their salvage, you salvage one, Ritter over produces and sells some to qualified buyers etc)  So at the end of the day, Ritter and mercs can field it.  Could a Rach unit?  Sure, but you won't get any benefits of playing pure Rach.

• Like 4

Fantastic! I've been wanting to learn how to paint up my mechs from CAV and this will help me learn!

• Like 2

This is a beautiful Stompy Robot.
I love how you managed to black line and highlight all the details while keeping a military 2-tones colour scheme

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By SparrowMarie
      So! I'm back. I haven't finished any of my other WIPs lately but I figure one more won't hurt. 

I'm planning on doing a film noir style desert expedition whereupon our investigators find something not of this world. 

I'm really excited for this one(not that I'm not excited for all my projects) but I have some hurdles to cross. 

I want a wall between the white and grey bones, preferably crumbly looking. Not sure where to start with that.  Figure out the best way to magnetize things. And the really big one: figure out how to actually paint in the style I'm trying to do.   
      This will involve a lot of work and time. As well as some (maybe a lot of) practice minis. 

I'm currently in the mock up stage. I've got the minis I want and I'm trying to stage them how I think will look good as well as imagine the wall where I want it.
      First stages of mock up.

• By CAVBOSS
      We will also be hosting a weekend of virtual content focused on CAV: Strike Operations!

As many of you already know, we had to cancel CAV-CON 2020 this year (and skip the rest of the shows we attend through the year). So rather than sit around and mope through that weekend, we have decided to live stream the whole weekend on Twitch and Discord.
      We will also be sharing content on our FB, Twitter, and Instagram accounts!
      We plan to spend the weekend playing CAV, talking, Playing CAV, painting, Playing CAV! Starting Sept 4th at 12 noon (CST) and going each day till we can't go any further!
      We will have hourly prize giveaways (limit one per guest) featuring t-shirts, paints, minis, and anything else we choose to throw out there!
      We hope to have a few guests dropping by to chat while James "Maddog" Meredith will be here to test his mettle vs CAVBoss as we throw a few dice using the new campaign system! Between now and showtime, we will be sharing our progress on getting our units ready to fight!
      I'm sure it will be chaos, but it will be a lot of fun, so I hope to see you drop by! CB
      https://www.twitch.tv/talongamesonline
      https://discord.gg/vmrTrxU

• By MusicalFeline
      Brief word of introduction. I know next to nil about CAV. My current interest in it is solely from a painting perspective. With that in mind, please excuse any blunders I make.

So, I'm a painter looking for some cool stuff to paint. I see CAV's mechs. I think "I like mechs, those look cool, I think I'll grab some". Then my eyes flicker upwards towards where it says "10mm scale". I think you can see where this is going.

Long story short, how big are these? It looks like they come on 1" hexes, and $4.99-$6.99 is quite a lot to charge for a small mini (in my opinion, of course).

Many thanks, all!
    • By Glitterwolf
      I got this one printed by Flying Goat Creations.
      Thx @ratsmitglied

It's part of my Shifting Sands Project
      WIP here:
      https://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/79372-shifting-sands-glitterwolf-paints-egyptian-undead/page/14/#comments

I had lots of fun painting her.
      Hope you like her.

• By Brianuk
      I have been putting together some eastern/desert flavoured monsters (posted separately) and also a band of rangers for the latest mission in Rangers of Shadow Deep, set in the desert. 

The camels are Reaper Bones. There is a special NPC, Arisien the Royal Cartographer, and I used a Dreadmere figure for him. I have a Privateer Press model of Belit who I painted as a fish out of water Northern barbarian. Then there are two foot soldiers and a Knight. These are plastic kitbashes and a figure from Diehard miniatures. I need to finish off some other minis to round out the team, all Reaper. 

• Who's Online   15 Members, 1 Anonymous, 55 Guests (See full list)