Recently Browsing 0 members
No registered users viewing this page.
Private Chapman has been in stasis for 1,538 days and awake for two. Private Chapman is wondering where she is, when she is and what her mission is. Private Chapman is also pondering why she hasn't been issued desert pattern armour.
Private Chapman has just spotted something up ahead. Private Chapman's life expectancy is four minutes.
(Again, sorry about the photos which were taken on my phone.)
Its that time of the year when we shut the shop down for a bit to allow everyone a bit of time to rest and relax! As a result, any orders received from June 7 to June 19th WILL NOT ship until June 20th. As a bit of a way to say "We're Sorry," any orders made during that period will receive a SPECIAL SURPRISE GIFT when it does ship! So, enjoy your summer!
Well its time to start planning for CAV-CON 2019 and while we work on updating the web site (www.cav-con.com), I wanted to share with you some of the events we have planned this year!
All CAV-CON 2019 events are FREE, though some may have a limit to the number of participants allowed.
Paid admission to ReaperCon is required.
- Group Painting sessions allowing our staff painters and some great fans out there to help improve your painting techniques!
- Open Gaming every day from open to close! We will have some great boards set up for you to try your luck!
- Lots of Learn-To-Play/Demos of CAV: Strike Operations throughout the show!
- An exclusive Learn-To-Paint CAV table! Grab a FREE mini, some paint and a brush and show us what you got! Keep the mini when your done!
- Our first Warmaster (Mini)Tournament on Friday!
- 2019 First Strike Tournament sponsored by Talon Games! The CAV-CON First Strike Tournament for 2019 will allow 16 players to match their wits and skill against one another in a full day (Saturday) of gaming and comradery.
The tournament is a Level II, Silver-Tier event allowing for CAV and vehicle models. Rules and info can be downloaded here: http://www.talon-games.com/downloads/FIRSTSTRIKE2019.pdf
- Painting Contest! Talon Games will be sponsoring a series of awards for those entries featuring one or more CAV models (see categories below) in the ReaperCon Master Series Paint Open. For more information on the MSP "Rules," go to: https://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/forum/23-reapercon/
- Best Individual CAV Model: Any single-model figure.
- Best CAV "Squad": This category allows for multiple models (minimum four models) as part of a cohesive unit.
- Best CAV Diorama: This category covers models with a scenic base where the entry is telling a story to the viewer and may include multiple models.
- Talon Games will be there in the Vendor Room with lots of cool CAV stuff and will be releasing the 2019 Special Edition CAV-CON metal miniature at the show!
- An exclusive 2019 CAV-CON T-Shirt!!! (I wonder what color it is this year???)
- And MUCH, MUCH more! Keep an eye here and www.cav-con.com for future details as they are available!
Terezinya was painted up to be a vampire character in my dnd game, the rest are fairly self explanatory.
The translucent green Bones were given a coating of Grass Green India Ink and then had details highlighted out. They're retained their translucent quality while having better detail visibility.
Finally sort of cleaned up my desk, so there's actually room to work again... Not quite enough room for hubby to work on his side yet, but we'll get there soon. ish. TM.
Tentatively calling them the "Fiendish Flying Foxes" or something to that effect, but not fully certain yet hence the title not being as... fluffy as they usually are for me. Kind of want to sneak "fire" in there somewhere too (Fierce, Fiery, Flying Foxes sort of rolls off the tongue), but haven't quite figured that out just yet. ...And yes, I like alliteration, for some strange reason.
Anyways! Been slowly collecting various CAVs, and since the race I like the fluff of the most currently isn't really available (at least until September-ish, aka Malvernis in the 3rd kickstarter) I figured I'd start with a Ritterlich group! While I do have the rulebook, I haven't really read it yet but it's on the to-do "eventually" list.... So I aimed to go with at least 2 of what I liked, and 4 of what I really liked. Seems to work at least for basics out of the gate anyways... Thanks to a package going missing for over two months (and being reshipped due to such), I wound up with a few more than originally planned in some areas ^_^;;;;
So, just what do the foxes have, at least so far?
Attack: 2x 72231 Cataphract, 4x 72050 Firedrake, 4x 72267 Rhino II, 4x 72283 Sabertooth, 4x 72273 Tiger, 2x 72278 Wolverine
Fire Support: 6x 72282 Cheetah, 2x 72230 Silverback, 2x 72201 Tiamat
Recon: 2x 72208 Cougar
Extras as why not: 6x 72284 Enforcer (came as freebies, so maybe spoils of war? :P)
Most are still in blister packs, but I do have five of them on the desk so far.....
^My first Cougar.... Who will also be the first, uhm... subject for my Vallejo terrain paste...
^Initial layout for the bases for my Cataphracts!
^My two Silverbacks, although I suspect more will see the table at some point because I apparently love missiles.
Why the 40mm circular bases? Uhm, well... It's partially because I prefer circular ones, partially because they're more stable on 40mm bases, and also because there's more room to do basing stuff with ^_^;;;;;;
Who's Online 41 Members, 1 Anonymous, 231 Guests (See full list)
- Balgin Stondraeg
- Reaper Justin
- Chris Palmer
- Darsc Zacal
- Green Eyed Monster
- Colonel Kane