Recently Browsing 0 members
No registered users viewing this page.
So I'm branching out from typical miniatures and trying something new. My son has really been into Hotwheels lately, and it turns out that there's an entire Hotwheels Customization culture out there much like the minis we like to paint. I put two and two together and figured why not try it out? So, here's the WIP (some of it at least) of the Fairlady 2000 I'm currently working on. Besides, if it ends up horribly, Hotwheels are only .94 cents at Wally World
Unfortunately, I got the bright idea to WIP after I was pretty much done painting as much as I'm going to on the first go-round. However, here's the comparison between the Yellow "stock" Datsun and the Orangy one I've painted.
Also, the various components of the build that I've worked on.
Finally, the installing of new axles and Red Rider wheels found on the more "premium" versions of Hotwheels. I may use the donor truck as a future "distressed" diorama if I feel froggy enough. The floorboard is also painted a metal shade as you can kind of see it in the interior if you bother to try to see it. I just finished gluing the axles and wheels in about five minutes ago, so it'll have to sit for a bit to dry. If all goes well, I'll have completed my first custom Hotwheel. I'll be able to zoom across the table in a one of a kind upgrade. WHHHEEEEEEEEE!!!!
I'll post final pics after everything's dry and fitted. Thank you for checking it out!
P.S.: Thos pics are tiny! I'll post larger ones in the Show Off when it's done. I apologize for the oversight
By Disciple of Sakura
In my campaign world, I've long had mention of a mythical monster known as Verigana the Tormentor, who is figured prominently in the epic planar war that took place in the misty past. Servant of the goddess of Pain, she slew a champion of the goddess of Mercy. I've had her in mind for quite a while, and often had a winged marilith in mind when I've envisioned her. But, now that I'm running a campaign set during that long-ago time period, I wanted Verigana to appear and be truly intimidating, and a marilith by herself just wouldn't cut it. The idea of her being a Hecatoncheires was very, very attractive. In Pathfinder, those beasties are a bit more than I really wanted, but the idea of a scaled-down version would be nice. However, miniatures of such hundred-handed monsters aren't exactly flooding the market. I decided to get on a famous auction site and search for the term just by itself, and I came across a miniature of Final Fantasy XIII's Hecatoncheires figure. So, I picked one up, got one of Reaper's 77393 Avukavali models, and went to work modifying the creature. I cut off the hands of each of the principle arms, dug through my bits bin and found all the spare goblin arms I had from a box of GW's Warhammer Fantasy figures, and then did a bunch of weapon swaps to put weapons into the left hands. I managed to wear my hands out drilling pins and gluing together, and cut my finger on a new X-Acto blade due to general clumsiness, but overall, I'm pretty satisfied with how she came about after I got her finished. The only nudity in the miniature is from a Reaper mini, but posting rules indicate I should link her instead of posting her. Obviously, this may be NSFW. Enjoy.
Deviant Art Gallery
For a painting competition entry I had to find a 20 year old miniature to work with. Digging through my old boxes of minis (mostly Games Workshop) I found a "Kharn the Betrayer" chaos space marine from 96 (I think was the date on his tab). Decided I wanted to give him a fun base, something more than just the general skull pile he's usually on. So, started scratchbuilding a symbol of Khorne for him to stand on, here's two pics of the understructure. (Bottom of the actual base is the black, white cap is just for handling.)
This (although small) is the most involved basing project Ive done to date, and I'm already learning lots on how to do things better, and a lot of what not to do. Anyway, will be updating as I progress further on him.
- Added some more detailing to the base, and started laying ground for skulls.
- More skulls and playing around with details on the symbol, have added a removed a few things that didnt turn out how I liked.
- And some more skulls, also added paper cut of potential plating on the symbol on top right portion. Think I like it and will add to the rest of them for next update (which wont be til next week, as out of town til then.)
Who's Online 23 Members, 1 Anonymous, 32 Guests (See full list)