Sign in to follow this  
Chaoswolf

Grenadier lizard/dragon dog...

I'm not entirely sure what this is supposed to be; I got it in a group of figures that I bought on Ebay. I know it's by Grenadier, and that's it.

I painted this up as part of my Morihalda challenge; to a (hopefully) decent tabletop standard.

Those eyes were tons of fun.

20171202_160754.thumb.jpg.f4bd17f07dbfcb5fedaa6efb76bd16f0.jpg

20171202_160840.thumb.jpg.3180d967ec47aa1d07146dd6a9e83f10.jpg

20171202_161000.thumb.jpg.b544e8b537374f9aca55075eacd26154.jpg

20171202_161028.thumb.jpg.a15df03735e72b25cd7ae7d5f1464428.jpg

• Like 11

Part of the Grenadier Dragon Lords box set Encounter at Darkwood Keep... Don't believe it was ever released on its own.

• Like 3

That Little Lizard would be a WONDERFUL addition to any gaming table. He has a charming, almost sweet expression, AND a nice healthy glow to his scaly skin. Brushwork & basing are TERRIFICOUTSTANDING WORK!

• Like 1

Awesome, and Jack is right!

It made me look at all my old Grenadier Catalogues...you fiend!

Now I want to paint all my old Grenadier stuff, which I have 20 of!

• Like 2

Thank you, everyone!

19 hours ago, Mad Jack said:

Part of the Grenadier Dragon Lords box set Encounter at Darkwood Keep... Don't believe it was ever released on its own.

I figured you'd probably know what it was.:winkthumbs:

6 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

It made me look at all my old Grenadier Catalogues...you fiend!

Now I want to paint all my old Grenadier stuff, which I have 20 of!

I'm helping!::D:

• Haha 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By DragonWyrm
      The dwarf is an Eureka 15mm figure (maybe 18mm, can't remember right now). I brought him with other 15mm figures to see if they would fit as brownies, gnomes or dwarves. He fits all of the roles, so now I know where to get some small folk. I actually enjoyed painting him and the 15mm landsknechts (didn't photograph them) a lot more than I expected.

The monk is an old Grenadier Figure, I think you can get him at Mirliton now. I speed painted him using a Zorn Pallet. It works well for anyone who is somber or drab, it can also work well for NMM.

The figures on both sides are from Ground Zero Games, i think they are from the goth set. They can work as cultists, lords or even vampires. 

The maid and the butler are from Wargames Foundry. I really like the sets. The rest is still being painted. With the maid I experimented in painting an impression of some lace or embroidery on her pink skirt. I tried to make the cup she holds look like bone china. 

Everyone

Back of the Servants
      This picture is closer to the real colour than the one above (thought it is still not perfect, with the monks robes not being as distinct in sections as they are)

Feedback and Critiques are welcome and appreciated. 

• By WhiteWulfe
      The Al Fasid, also known as "The Corrupted", are HaqqIslam's heavy troopers that will get the job done no matter the cost.  Their methods aren't always the prettiest, and they're never the stealthiest, and they have their own tricks they bring with them to the table.  They don't care about glory, and are solely chosen for their solid record of getting the job done.  Some enjoy it, some are in it for the solid paycheque, and others do it because the only thing theyy know what to do is fight.  Today I have the HMG version, who also conveniently carries a grenade launcher that can shoot either regular grenades to keep enemy heads down, or smoke grenades to provide additional cover.  Oh, they also pack anti-personnel mines with them too...

Since the "tactical rock" under his right foot kind of looked rather strikingly like the backpack for a Yu Jing (even though I'm not having any luck finding models to confirm this), I decided to try and test out my planned colour scheme for them.  That's right, I'll be going with a dark raver / cyberpunk burnt neon pink for their general colour, because why not - I'm going with hot orange for my Haqq...
    • By 72moonglum
      Hello sentient painting creatures!

So here's one I just finished painting and just got his base finished this morning and some pictures taken:

from an eighties Ral Partha set of Julie Guthrie figures, originally called the Berserkers, with was a group of different types of fighters/warriors. Nice set, as is all of what the Goddess Guthrie creates.

With this one, I also am using as a comparison set, because I also painted this one many, many years ago. So it was in the eighties, before 1986 when I graduated high school, so this painted version is of an age between 34 and maybe 39 years old, couldn't nail down an exact date exactly:

I started out with the same skin and hair more or less on my new version, but changed up his wardrobe as to note make a carbon copy.  The new figure was painted with Reaper colors and the old version was Polly S.

Anyhoos, always fun to do these little comparison shots!
    • By 72moonglum
      Hello everybody!

Here's a figure I just finished a few nights back and got her based.  She's a old, classic Ral Partha figure, Adventuress 01-018, so in that long list of Partha figures in "Personalities and Things that go Bump in the Night" range, number 18.  I'm not sure if this is true or not, but I read out there on the Lost Mini Wiki that this was the first female adventuring type of miniature that was cast.  This is in all honesty the second version of the sculpt, don't have the first one. On the bottom, she had 1976 stamped on its base so it's a nice old figure.  

I tried not to paint her in too bright of colors, kind of wanted her to be able to wander around with kind of calm colors.  Anyways, hope you enjoy this "historic" little mini, she was a joy to paint!

• By Pineapple
      Please see the main post here for rules, questions and general chatter, while using this thread to keep a list of links to your show-offs or show-off related comments in a single post: A reminder to please adhere to miniatures posting guidelines as usual.
      http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/84371-2019-rpchallenge-questionsannouncements/
      All the information you need should be here.

As a change of pace from the Hard Mode Challenge, this round will have a Skill Challenge.

May and June 2019 Challenge

Your challenge is: 9!

Bonus Challenge: The First!
      "Mayday!" is an international distress signal used in verbal communication in ships and aircraft.  Your first bonus challenge, should you choose to accept it, is to paint a miniature in some distress.  This could be a diorama, an adventurer falling into a trap, villian whose weapon just broke, or anything else your mind can conjure.

Bonus Challenge: The Second!
      The Solstices: June marks the beginning of Summer in the Northern Hemisphere and Winter in the Southern Hemisphere.  Paint a miniature or a pair of miniatures showcasing this duality.

Skill Challenge: OSL
      Try your hand at painting a miniature using OSL or Object-Source Lighting.  If you feel like this is something that is already in your wheelhouse, work on your technical skills in another area.  Practice NMM, TMM, wet-blending, sculpting, or anything else you've been meaning to try.

As always, the game is made up and the points don't matter!
  • Who's Online   22 Members, 1 Anonymous, 34 Guests (See full list)