Sign in to follow this  
Rat13

Odd Uses for Chronoscope Figures

So Saturday  (yesterday) morning I finished painting Action Jackson. https://www.reapermini.com/OnlineStore/action/latest/80023 Which is a mini I've been wanting to paint for awhile. It just so happens that Saturday afternoon is when my D&D Adventure League group meets, so before I left I packed up my finished mini to show off and get a few tips from the group's other painters. For the record it was dry before I packed it up.

For the last few weeks I've been running our third table; I'm currently doing Horde of the Dragon Queen. During the session the cleric at my table conjured a spiritual weapon. Like a lot of my players he's fairly new so he hasn't bought any minis yet for his PC's so he didn't have anything to represent his conjured weapon either. So when he conjured his spiritual weapon I placed Action Jackson on the field which my players loved.

Turns out his spiritual weapon was one of the party's heavy hitters. Which made the figure all the more fun to have on the field. 

I know I can't be the only one who paints something and thinks they'll never get to use it and is proven wrong. Has anyone else been able to use Chronoscope miniatures in and odd or mismatched RPG setting? Though I love this miniature it certainly doesn't belong in a 5e game, but I'm glad I could use him to comedic effect.

20171210_104449.jpg

20171210_104511.jpg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1