Maledrakh's Bones 3 Translucent Sylph or Fairy

The following images depict a miniature of a female sylph or fairy in natura. I am not sure if these would be in conflict with the posting guidelines or not. Better safe than sorry.

First picture

Second picture

Third picture

Clear minis are best painted by undercoating with a matte clear varnish and then transparent paints such as inks.

This mini has wings in vallejo pale grey wash before citadel carroburg crimson wet blended on drucii violet. Body in thinned old citadel turquoise glaze, hair and panties in army painter green ink. The eyes are the only bits painted with normal opaque paint.

As this mini does not seem to be released as of yet,  I do not know who sculpted it or what it's code or official name is.

Edited by Maledrakh
  • Like 15
  • Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure of the name or code is, but Werner Klocke sculpted it. I have two or three of these in metal. They were originally in metal in the two fairies and nymph DHL set. Its still available as far as I know.

• Like 2

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Iridil
      And a third NPC - his day job is boatswain, so I wanted the armor to not be full plate.... he's currently helping the party do a fetch quest for the captain. I'm pretty satisfied with what I got out for what I put in - but I do notice I seem to have forgotten his eyebrows!

• By Inarah
      This was a fun little project from earlier this spring.  I added a branch to her tree to give it more dimension and more places to glue "leaves" to. 

Link to full frontal view
    • By RogaDanar
      When I went to paint this figure, I started to see all the little details on the figure. This is no Tinkerbell. The thigh high leather boots, the decorative skulls, and the almost drawn dagger really say "Back off man or I'll cut you!"
      I still think she needs a little work. The scabbard is blah because I wasn't sure what color to use. I think the dark brown on the wings need some highlights also. 
      Some of the shiny leather tracks well on the legs and I like the face so that made me happy. 

• By 72moonglum
      So hello all you Reaperphonics!  

So finished this one recently.  I'd done the other Flying Pink Unicorn, and wanted a slightly different version of pink, so here's what I came up with.  This one, like the other fairy ballerinas, was sculpted by Tom Meier inspired by a design from his daughter with his company Thunderbolt Mountain Miniatures and now sold by Ral Partha Legacy.  Lots of different pictures because it's mini with basically lots angles, not just front and back, hope not too many photos:

They are the last of my ballerina fairies that I had from Ral Partha Legacy, going to have to now move on to something different I guess, maybe some Reaper Bones.....
    • By Maledrakh
      I have been slightly less of a workaholic in May than in April, so I have been able to do some quartely challenges as well as the monthlies. I am probably not going to be able to paint anything else this month, so here goes.
      These were all painted for the Reaper challenge league May, and again, squeezed in between work. So, low effort speed painting is the key. which also shows that is it possible to get quite decent results in a short time as long as you accept there will be some rough bits.

there are some pictures below

• Who's Online   15 Members, 1 Anonymous, 34 Guests (See full list)