NecroMancer

Adrian Smith's HATE

Yes, we have heard your feedback and so we are hard at work to create an optional set of rules that will allow players to engage in battles involving 3 or 4 tribes in the same massive battles. 

Well... Guillotine Games also heard feedback on Massive Darkness for campaign rules and it didn't turn out well. ::(:

Unfortunately, I dunno about multiplayer miniature skirmish games, but Dakka might know. BGG has various "dudes on a map" you might look at, but these games are more abstract. Good luck!

To be fair, it is a lot easier to create some 3 or 4 player scenarios than it is to create campaign rules for a game that normally levels the characters from 1-20 in two hours.

Blood Bowl became a 3+ player game with the old Dungeonbowl rules that Jervis Johnson made.  They worked really well, made for fun games (ultimately more chaotic than normal Blood Bowl).  Ninja All Stars also lets you have 4 player games- and likewise changes to be more chaotic.

Of course, when you're playing with more than two forces, a lot of things change (you introduce Kingmaking into the mix, for starters).  The core system won't be designed to address this, but even in multiplayer games, few systems deal with that sort of thing.

On 1/16/2018 at 2:57 PM, Knight of the Dinner Table said:

and: Green Horde (before stretch goals) had

• 9 double-sided game tiles 
  • 72 miniatures  
  • 6 survivor plastic dashboards, color bases, and ID Cards 
  • 48 plastic trackers
  • 6 dice 
  • 133 cards 
  • 68 tokens 
  • 1 Rulebook

and a dragon and a ballista as KS exclusives.

Hate (same price)

• 51 Highly Detailed Miniatures
  • 1 Game Board
  • 32 Terrain Tiles
  • Over 100 Cardboard Tokens
  • 32 Tribe Cards
  • 51 Figure Cards
  • 88 Transparent Upgrade/Scar Cards
  • 44 Plastic Card Sleeves
  • 6 Custom Dice
  • 13 Counter Bases
  • 5 Scenario Dashboards
  • 1 Village Sheet Pad
  • 1 Chronicle Sheet Pad
  • 1 Rulebook

As I'm mainly after minis ... . Now of course, some of the miniatures in Hate are bigger and there are more different sculpts ... hm ...

To be fair, the minis for HATE are generally bigger than their counterparts in Zombicide (I don't know if we've seen a side by side comparison, but HATE minis have been on the larger end generally- and that's not including the Prince minis, while Zombicide minis are a bit small (even the abominations can fit onto 25mm bases).

I'm not saying you should go one way or the other.

• Like 1

well .. the dragon and ballista have quite the size. I have not yet seen any signs that survivors in Green Horde will be noticeable smaller than the miniatures in Hate (but that simply might be due to the fact that I have not really compared them and there was no side by side shot) - you are right about the princes, but Green Horde had lots of abominations and two giants.

On 1/27/2018 at 8:58 AM, skippen said:

It lost me at ovens.

This is a complaint about the KS that I don't really get.

I mean, I've been playing games in which you eat one another for a long time.  Sure, in Necromunda it was just the Scavvies that ate their opponents, but Fairy Meat definitely featured cannibalism front and center.  And orcs definitely eat each other in a lot of settings (Tolkien started it).

But they didn't cook their enemies (at least not always).  Is that what makes the difference? so there's that.  Does eating them raw make so much of a difference?  I've heard people talk about Holocaust stuff, but the parallels are pretty much non-existent.

I mean, my daughter watched Trolls the other day- it features a harsh world in which one tribe in on a quest to eat their rivals -who happen to be some sort of narcotic.  I saw it and thought- "hey- here's a setting that' seems a lot like HATE- just with bright colors and pop songs. 

I can see most of the complaints- people who think the gameplay is too simple, the gratuitous swearing in the pitch can be a turn off, the whole "we're so much more grimdark than anything- MOAR METAL!" atmosphere, or the sameness of the minis/factions, or even their promise to make the book graphic enough to warrant their 18+ label.

But the simple inclusion of cannibalism just seems kind of tame and inoffensive.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, odinsgrandson said:

This is a complaint about the KS that I don't really get.

I mean, I've been playing games in which you eat one another for a long time.  Sure, in Necromunda it was just the Scavvies that ate their opponents, but Fairy Meat definitely featured cannibalism front and center.  And orcs definitely eat each other in a lot of settings (Tolkien started it).

But they didn't cook their enemies (at least not always).  Is that what makes the difference? so there's that.  Does eating them raw make so much of a difference?  I've heard people talk about Holocaust stuff, but the parallels are pretty much non-existent.

I mean, my daughter watched Trolls the other day- it features a harsh world in which one tribe in on a quest to eat their rivals -who happen to be some sort of narcotic.  I saw it and thought- "hey- here's a setting that' seems a lot like HATE- just with bright colors and pop songs. 

I can see most of the complaints- people who think the gameplay is too simple, the gratuitous swearing in the pitch can be a turn off, the whole "we're so much more grimdark than anything- MOAR METAL!" atmosphere, or the sameness of the minis/factions, or even their promise to make the book graphic enough to warrant their 18+ label.

But the simple inclusion of cannibalism just seems kind of tame and inoffensive.

You are not wrong, but the use of the term overs and people to me is just too close to an actual event that I don't want to support "playing" that feature where I cook a person.  I can read it, but don't want to actively do it myself.  Plus, the game itself looks fairly un-inspired.

• Like 1

I can understand reservations concerning the game ... I have them myself; from the to me not convincing game-play to the "ohhh, we're so Rated 18, we cook, eat, torture people" (which puts me a bit off - yeah, I was young in a time when murders were only shown after 8pm on TV).

But I can't help it ... I like a couple of those miniatures ... will be close to the end before I really make a decision. I could also use the huts and the trees.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, skippen said:

You are not wrong, but the use of the term overs and people to me is just too close to an actual event that I don't want to support "playing" that feature where I cook a person.  I can read it, but don't want to actively do it myself.  Plus, the game itself looks fairly un-inspired.

How do you feel about Hansel and Gretel? It's a famous story told regularly to children. The central theme is all about putting children in an oven and eating them, after fattening them up a bit.

Why does it matter how I feel about a Grimm Fairy Tale?  I stated my reason.  I don't want to play Hate because I throw people in an oven due to its being a game mechanism.  It is valid.  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, NecroMancer said:

I'm curious what you mean by this. 

Hit the Offtopic forums regarding CMON's Black Friday sale. We're only now getting our orders, with many items oversold so they're being refunded, and refunds take place weeks after shipping. 

CMON is sleazy as all hell. 

• Like 2