• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By lexomatic
      It this yesterday because it gives me a nice in-between mini from my reaper eldritch demon and my Cthulhu.
      This is about 90 minutes

Lots of inaccessible spots and texture which makes painting not fun. Will be making this shorter than planned as a result. Everything will get a flesh wash. I'll do some eyes and claws, then a medium and ink wash of the clear plastic water.
    • By lexomatic
      I decided to do a quick prime of my kickstarter minis. Creatures on blue /green spectrum got grey primer, and those that are fleshier got a mix of yellow & brown primer and a drop of craft red because I had it handy.
      No idea when I can next paint. Already did a good job obscuring some details.

• By NebulousMissy
      I'm generally bad at terrain. So I decided to challenge myself. I painted the obelisk as a dark stone and the octopus on top as a green stone with cabochon eyes. I even went fancy and attempted to put some red glow/liquidity to the runes on the obelisk.

I... don't remember painting those eyes like they're glowing... Wait, is that the camera's fault? Did... Um...  It... appears my cell phone camera had a hard time focusing on such immense evil...  Yes, that must be it.

Here's a better pic of the runes.

Yes, there we go. As soon as those eyes aren't looking at the camera it focuses just fine
    • By Zethia
      When I first started painting minis about a year ago, I was pretty broke. Mini painting is not an easy hobby to support when you're broke, especially when starting out. I didn't really play any tabletop games, I sure as heck couldn't afford GW models, and I wasn't yet aware of Reaper. To cut my teeth, I kept an eye out for cheap board games with pieces I could practice on. I stumbled across a half-price copy of Pandemic: Reign of Cthulhu from Z-Man Games. While the minis included aren't really intended for painting, they were good enough for me, and once I'd gathered a little toolkit and some inexpensive paints I eagerly got to work on my slapdash painting training program.

Pics in the thingy!
      I started out with the player characters...

• By Kev!
      Howdy,

Come closer... I might be able to cut you a deal!

I advise reading the fine print,
      Kev!
  • Who's Online   31 Members, 2 Anonymous, 301 Guests (See full list)