Sign in to follow this  
annexation

Gandalf Mouse

you shall no eat my cheese, amazing work, the fur is just perfect, maybe that is the reason why he looks like splinter XD, they should add 4 hobbits like turtles XD 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Your Wizardly Rodent is a WONDERFULLY painted creation that defies my attempts to find the proper words to describe him. VERY WELL DONE!

• Like 1

Thanks everyone, for the kind words. The model was so textured, I got more mileage out of drybrushing and washes than the usual. Also made for a pretty quick job, all things considered.

• Like 1

Interesting color palette.  I would have never chosen it because I would have decided it would not work.  But you were successful with it.   Kudos to you.

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By nervisfr
      hey guys,

Started from that big guy (a LOTR figurine) ;

With a Grenadier 28mm for comparison scale 

then after a  surgical action ;

Cheers
      Eric
    • By Rob Dean
      Without going into the whole background, these guys are from Prince August “Irish Wild Geese” 40mm semi-flat home casting molds.  I’ve been working with these molds and figures for almost thirty years at this point, and have enough for most purposes, so it’s been a while since I painted any.  Pictures of games with them can be found on my blog.  We generally paint them somewhere in the classic toy soldier spectrum rather than as museum-style diorama miniatures, and these, like the rest of my collection, are done in fictitious uniforms for imaginary countries. (Or “imagi-nations” in historical miniature wargamer jargon...)

While they may presently get their own cannon, here they are grouped around one of my generic spares, to show that the field hockey player is really aiming by using a lever to move the trail.

• By Rob Dean
      With my British infantry unit done, I finally sat down this morning to get started on French Revolution project expansion unit #2 (of 7+).  This time it's British cavalry, and with the rules we'll be using (A Gentleman's War), the default cavalry unit is six figures.

My recent casting sessions have produced the parts, so it's now a case of assembling them into some semblance of what I'm looking for:

I see that I will be going back to file off even more of the original lapels and lace from the basic casting, and I'm going to try to add the rest of the helmet crest with some green stuff before painting.  

I built up the first figure as a test this morning.

• By Rob Dean
      https://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/86590-40mm-french-revolutionary-wars-british/

As described above, finished up today...

Now on to the next unit...
    • By Rob Dean
      I went up to Portland, Maine a couple of weeks ago for a historical miniatures gaming convention, and found, when the dust settled, that I was pledging to expand an existing French Revolutionary Wars project from a skirmish game into a battle game for next year.  Details are in my blog.

I am using home cast figures from multiple part German molds.  After a solid casting session last week, I have a good stock of parts, so I settled in on Friday to see what I could do to build a unit of these 1792/3 British:

I started off on Friday morning with parts, super glue, files, and an X-acto knife, and things were moving right along.

Despite having other things to do, by Friday night my 12-man unit was assembled.

I sprayed everything with black primer yesterday morning, and started in around lunch time.  By 3:00 or so, I had the main colors roughed in on all of them.

At that point, I wanted to see what they were going to look like when finished, so I took one figure from the group and lined the color separations, detailed the face, and did the various buttons and lace. 

My past experience with these figures is that the easiest way for me to get them done is to paint them in assembly line fashion until I reach a point where I have to turn a single figure around to deal with the lining and face, etc., after which it's faster to take them to completion one at a time.  Since the last time I did a group of these, I've taken to using a wet palette, which looks like it will make that process easier, since the five or six colors of paint needed for the completion will all stay usable between figures.

For a unit like this, small irregularities are not going to show on the table, but I wish that I had picked a different figures to finish for the initial pictures.  i was well into this before I noted that the glue used to attach his head had left some roughness on the face, so he looks like a smallpox survivor.  En masse, though, it shouldn't draw the eye.

Now, on with the other 11...
  • Who's Online   24 Members, 3 Anonymous, 37 Guests (See full list)