• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 9/6/2018 at 11:28 AM, Werkrobotwerk said:

My group kind of hit the point of frustration with this game last night. Building the cars was a lot of fun, and the premise was great. But we just kept running into rules issues that couldn't be easily resolved. We'll probably try again if/when they FAQ/Errata the issues we were having. (most of which had to do with spin timing, the thumper, the crazy points costs attached to gear, and perks that are either useless or bizarrely OP)

I have always found perks to be weirdly priced in any game.  The best explanation I ever got was that during play testing, some of the main players would develop specific tactics to exploit rules or combinations and because they were the only ones doing it, the designers would put in a perk to combat it:  if you were playing against someone using that particular combination, the perk was incredibly useful.  but absolutely useless against anything else 

• Like 1

I'm a horrible person who just had a sick idea for some Gaslands weapons. Anybody know of a Bones pack(or similarly cheap) where I can find multiple birds, some perched and some in flight? Chickens or pigeons would be best for comedic effect, but any bird in that size range would work.

• Confused 1
11 minutes ago, Weird-O said:

I'm a horrible person who just had a sick idea for some Gaslands weapons. Anybody know of a Bones pack(or similarly cheap) where I can find multiple birds, some perched and some in flight? Chickens or pigeons would be best for comedic effect, but any bird in that size range would work.

You'd be wanting to search on the term "Vultures" and go wild from there.  Also post your results and I hate you for having that idea before I did.  :D

So yeah, I've found this game.   Converting mayhem has ensued.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2
1 hour ago, Weird-O said:

warlord has a farmyard animals sprue that has multiple ducks and chickens

On 10/2/2018 at 8:41 AM, Weird-O said:

Actually, the idea is to go almost full-on Redneck Rampage. Kitbash some oversized bottle rockets, mount them on top like a Katyusha, with a bird strapped to each one...bingo! Homing Missiles!

I'm going to "borrow" this idea whenever I get back to my redneck warband project. 

3 hours ago, Froggy the Great said:

I have discovered that Hot Wheels makes several Volkswagon beetles.

Mayhem has ensued.

I'm in the midst of slowly converting one to have multiple machine guns sticking out of the hood, reminiscent of one of the gunship variants of the B-25. :)

• Like 3