Recently Browsing 0 members
No registered users viewing this page.
By Rob Dean
Last month I held my nose to the grindstone, as it were, and painted a bunch of wargaming units, a dozen figures at a time. This month, I wanted to relax just a little, so I pulled a group of Caesar Adventurers (currently OOP) out of the queue, and amused myself by finishing off a couple of them.
I’ve picture them here with Sir Forscale to show how not-big they are, which is why they make look just a little rough when blown up to more-than-life-size on the screen. It’s interesting to me, though, what you can do with a 1/72, if you aren’t in too much of a hurry. These were done with my work kit at lunches, so 45-60 minutes each.
My elder son, who has been doing some amazing work on 1/72 historical Bronze Age figures lately, asked whether some sort of single figure game was in the plans. As of now, I am thinking about using the 1/72s to play through some Rangers of Shadowdeep.
By Rob Dean
So, I finished off the elf lady to boss the two saprolings at lunch yesterday, and the red witch today. I don’t do much greenstuff work; her broom is especially rustic...
The saprolings look more impressive when upscaled; maybe 9 feet in comparison to the 1/72 figures...
By Rob Dean
I gave my older son a copy of the de Bellis Antiquitatis 3.0 rules for Christmas, and he has been inspired to dust off our joint 2009 project to do Egyptians vs Hittites in DBA. That did entail rebasing some chariots, and it looked like they might look lonely on the 60x80mm stands (vice 40x60 we had been using), so I painted 8 Egyptian infantry to serve as chariot runners and put two on each base when I rebased yesterday.
Since I had some unfinished Libyan archers from BITD, I dusted them off and did four as two light infantry stands, to start an opposing army of my own.
I picked out the rest of the Libyan foot last night, but they’ll need a chariot converted from an Egyptian one (most likely).
In between those tasks, I also put a quick paint job on a Bones hordeling, who looks like he’ll be happier facing 1/72 scale opponents than heroic 28+mm figures.
And now for something completely different. Normally, I post figures (or I rather try to post some figures), but this time, it's a bit bigger.
My "longtime" WIP is done (you can find her in my "Speed-build"-Thread. Check out ->here<-)
This project started as a commission. A colleague of mine was in the navy back in the days, and she was on board of the Karlsruhe when the vessel still was in service.
When she left the ship, her comrades gifted her a model - but, as she is no model builder, the box was laying beneath some shelves never to be assembled - that is, until my colleague found out I had done model kit assembly for like 20 years or so.
So she gave her precious kit to me - and I foolishly took it, believing the vessel and I could make love, not war. The kit intended otherwise though and that made my journey a rough voyage.
When I started in February 2018, I didn't believe it would be a ride like this. I fought my way through glue, colors, sweat, tears and blood (literally).
I think up to this date, this was THE most difficult kit I ever had to make. This old lady by far resisted every building step I made - and even after finishing her I had so many problems holding her together that I am glad I am done now.
Anyways - it was a great experience and I learned a lot of things - especially regarding weathering and diorama building and I value what I learned.
Thanks to everyone who followed my building progress and commented. I guess I wouldn't have finished her otherwise.
Enjoy the pictures:
Who's Online 22 Members, 0 Anonymous, 34 Guests (See full list)