This is an old wizard figure from the ChainMail game. I'm including him as part of my Morihalda Challenge; he was already painted, but I did some touch ups, and based him. I was having a bad day, but didn't want to break my streak, so I needed something quick and easy.

Still trying to get the hang of playing with my wife's light box; he's a little washed out.

20171216_191610.thumb.jpg.df5edd2c972942ae9dd103a77bfa3634.jpg

20171216_191640.thumb.jpg.0a2a4fba0cc93f7bc0e21fd4c5c10b96.jpg

• Like 16
  • Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By knarthex
      So....
      Cinder didn't work out for my return to hobbying, so I decided to try something a bit less ambitious....

Reading back through past projects, I saw one of the hangout minis of the month was Blacktounge, Gnoll Ranger from Reaper, and remembered that I had picked up this set at a paint day with the New England Miniatures folks at the Citadel games store....

I figure if I can follow my old WIP, I won't be stressing to much, and I will have another figure to add to the Frostgrave warband that was started so long ago,,,,

So the 2 got assembled and puttied, and now the never ending search for minor mold lines can begin when the putty is dry...

thanks for taking a look!
      Wish me luck!!!!

• By Krassling
      I am Working on my Adventuring kids. I liked the idea of having these Minis for my Kids.
      Currently it is the thief. Well, my Girls dont like thieves so much, so it will be more something else. We will see.

I startet with some green. Looked a little scary. 

• By KruleBear
      Bad photos, bad Bones cast, and tabletop paint job of Balto Burrowell the Gnome Wizard. Painted this one up as my sons kid character in hero kids. Fuego is a young kid who can cast some fire spells and has survived three adventures and he was on his own in the last one. 

I am really beginning to loath these older human sized minis, but this is the closest I had to a human child for his character. Fairly simple base coat, washes, and highlights. I was having a lot of problems with my skin tone paints being too thin (even after several minutes on the vortex mixer). I guess that is the pit fall of no painting for months outside of terrain. 

• By aku-chan
      Presenting Brutogg Corpse-Eater, my first finished adventurer from the game Cursed City by Games Workshop.

Had a lot of fun painting this guy, I experimented by giving him grey-hued skin to represent his unhealthy eating habits (he eats zombies) and it worked better than I thought it would.
      Annoyingly though, I had to leave the bits under his coat unpainted (just couldn't get a brush up there), nobody will notice unless they turn him upside down, but it still bothers me that he's technically "Unfinished".

As always, any comments or criticisms are warmly received.
    • By Chaoswolf
      You'll take my life, but I'll take yours too
      You'll fire your musket, but I'll run you through
      So when you're waiting for the next attack
      You'd better stand, there's no turning back

I'm going to be building/converting/sculpting my own copy of Eddie from this artwork. I'm just going to do the central figure, not the battlefield around him.

For those who don't know, the song 'The Trooper' is based on the Charge of the Light Brigade, an action during the Battle of Balaclava during the Crimean War.

So, before I get started, a question:

The artist who did this piece (Derek Riggs) applied a little creative license to the flag that Eddie is carrying. It is not historically accurate to the best of my knowledge and research. If you know differently, please enlighten me.

When I get to that point, do I try to recreate the flag as seen in the artwork, or go with something a little more accurate? Or is that a detail that most people will not notice?
  • Who's Online   20 Members, 1 Anonymous, 32 Guests (See full list)