Jasper gets back to painting with some IMEF marines

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Got a Reaper order the other day that included Aztec and Skids, the two IMEF I didn't have.  So a quick coat of Brown Liner:

last_2_brown_liner.jpg.8ad12e10d7a678b4e462a3b62172e19a.jpg

as I put out too much brown liner, Sire Forscale jumped in to keep it from going to waste.

Then, since I was sitting at my desk, and felt like doing a little painting, I did a couple of coats on all the leather bits on the 9 IMEF left, including the new guys.

lots_of_leather.jpg.a756a9e5d592364a313102a8adbdfe95.jpg

• Like 7

Finally have some time for painting again.  Picked out 4 (that's about the max I can work on at a time, I think) and cleaned them up.  These 4 were picks as I'll be using the Tanned Skin triad on all of them.

next_4_basecoats.jpg.2b6fe7d8ed5895c81dab4e40fbb5b75f.jpg

Camera went a little light for some reason today, could be the tea cup.....

Letting them get good and dry, then I'll hit them with a strong tone wash in a bit.

• Like 9

Finally another chance to paint.

I decided to start with faces while I was fresh and as steady as I get.

next_4_faces.jpg.dba1e3bb4cd583c4b16cf2bde23ca419.jpg

Guess I should figure out their names.....Sarah, Jigsaw, Jazz and Slyder ( 80021, 80049, 80019, 80050 ).

So following on from Nick, I was just doing eyes with a bit of Walnut Brown (I think that's what I used for Nick, I didn't actually go back and check....).

Works fine for the guys, they all have deeply recessed eyes anyway, but Sarah looked wrong, so I had to do a bit more for her.  It was either that or paint the metallic so it looked like the sniper had ocular implants of some sort.

Still was feeling ok, so went on to starting on the khaki pants and shirt.  Got through two of them before my neck said it was time for a break.

2_of_4_khaki.jpg.8bca993bccf50cbec4cc0104a6585ac6.jpg

I'm using the Terran Khaki triad for this and I struggle a bit with it.  The highlight is, I think, too opaque for my liking. So I thin and thin and it still goes on too strong, so then I have to go back to the mid and even shadow to bring it back.  Probably works great for drybrushing though....

Hopefully get through the rest of the khaki this evening.

• Like 11
9 hours ago, Chaoswolf said:

Slow but steady wins the race; good work on them!

Hopefully I'm going to have some time to paint, and I'm going to focus on one project for a bit (well two, as there is the spring exchange thingy....) and actually get this one completed fairly soon now, before I go back to playing with tanks and big stompy robots.  This is mostly because I've run out of room on the shelf I place all my "current projects".....

• Like 1

Yeesh, that was too long a "break" between sessions.  Real life got rather busy for a bit but hopefully things have settled down for a bit now.

Grabbed a few minutes yesterday to paint but spent the whole time fixing a few specs of primer (from other figs) that apparently hit 3 of them.  :angry:

Today I went over all the leather and put some red on the medic's crosses, and did the hair on the sniper (good enough anyway).

next_4_leathers_front.jpg.058be6d445d4559ea6503963cfbb42f1.jpg

next_4_leathers_back.jpg.9d1f36ab15d367b3508407750b023482.jpg

Front shot is a bit dark for some reason.....

Left to do are the blacks and metallics, however I'm doing some goggles, and the bases.

• Like 9