Starfinder: Dead Suns pbp?

haldir

I've debated on making a DM-controlled PC for this one till we get a 4th slot going. Most likely a solider character. If anything it allows me to see the game from the player's side as far as mechanics.

• Like 1

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Once everyone else picks what they want, then I'll make my final choice (or a new character) to complement things.

Looks like for starship combat you want a pilot (best piloting skills), a gunner (using either piloting ranks or BAB), and engineer (Engineering skill, natch) and a science officer.  Oh and a Captain who gives bonuses to the other positions.

For non-combat, it looks like having a some one with engineering, computers, mysticism, diplomacy, physical and life sciences, culture and piloting are the major skills to have covered.  Sense motive, stealth and survival also seem to be useful.  With the number of skills available to the classes, it seems like things can be covered pretty well depending on party makeup.  If people want to lock down what classes they want to play we can try and build a nominally effective party.

Just now, Dilvish the Deliverer said:

Any idea what you want to play?

I'm open for anything but since I didn't see soldier yet, I'll just make The Juggernaut.  If someone called dibs on soldier already and I missed it, I will recognize the International Dibs Protocol and move to something else.  

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Unit04 said:

I'm open for anything but since I didn't see soldier yet, I'll just make The Juggernaut.  If someone called dibs on soldier already and I missed it, I will recognize the International Dibs Protocol and move to something else.  

Heh, in the middle of making (another) soldier right now.  No biggie, you can have it as I have characters for almost every other class.  Now we just need to see the rodent cage fight to see how many Yoski mechanics we end up with.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Dilvish the Deliverer said:

Heh, in the middle of making (another) soldier right now.  No biggie, you can have it as I have characters for almost every other class.  Now we just need to see the rodent cage fight to see how many Yoski mechanics we end up with.

Four?  May as well go full-on rat!  Dibs on the name Ratar-O though.  

• Like 2

Too bad.  We could have called our ship the Ratstar and everything.  

One thing I noticed was the character creation is a lot more favorable to playing sub-optimal races, compared to Pathfinder.  The max 18 starting stat AFTER bonuses helps keep the difference between the best and worst races low.  Plus soldiers can be dex based AND weapons no longer do less damage for small creatures so all in all you could probably make a pretty solid rat soldier.  

Either way, I'll probably be a lizard, armor storm soldier.  Keep things simple for the first run.   

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Grayfax said:

Already on it.  I just needed an excuse... now... excuse me while I close the lab doors and do some "investigative ... uh.... something or other... "

Ah... that should have been "Hi-Tech Investigation occurring here... "

If you have any questions or want to bounce ideas off someone, let me know.  I've been making characters for the last about the last week or so.  And doing some reading.  I' tweeking a Soldier/Solarian build at the moment.

• Like 2

Unit04 & Grayfax you guys are both in!! Again, keep the races to the Core book. I still need to get the Alien Archive. I was gonna get the hardback but from what I've read, the pdf is best for value. One of the main detractors is the cost; Same price as a Pathfinder Bestiary but only half the content.........ummmm, pdf it is!!

• Like 1