Starfinder: Dead Suns pbp?

haldir

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, Grayfax said:

Should we be able to see your sheet?  I just see "Dilvish"... which links to your profile-ish...

Yah I just tried to look & all I get is the log-in & password pages.

Either way on characters either use myth-weaver or post here. I'll group em up & stick them on the Drive page for this pbp.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, haldir said:

Yah I just tried to look & all I get is the log-in & password pages.

Either way on characters either use myth-weaver or post here. I'll group em up & stick them on the Drive page for this pbp.

I'll try posting it from home.  I had to use my phone as I was at work, so maybe that was it.

Str 11  Dex 16  Con 10  Int 18 Wis 10  Cha 8

computers- 8, culture-5, engineering 8, Life Science-9 (+5 xenobiology checks), Medicine-8, Mysticism-6, Phys Science-8, Piloting-7

Feat: Skill Synergy: Medicine, Culture

Spells: 0-Detect Magic, Mending, energy Ray, Psychokinetic Hand, 1-Identify, Supercharge Weapon.

I've got kits for all my skills except a Medkit (100cr is kind of expensive).  Still writing the background, and have two unfilled language slots (plus can change a couple of the other ones in need be)

• Like 1

One thing to look closely at when creating your character, is which features give Insight bonuses.  Many class features grant Insight bonuses, Operative and Technomancer are two.  Both Skill Focus and Skill Synergy (if you are already proficient) grant Insight bonuses as well.  Insight bonuses don't stack so, if you have a Skill Focus in a skill that your class later grants you a bonus in, one of them might be wasted.

ETA: try this link for MAX: https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1445673

• Like 3

Sorry to be a little behind on the walks of the starfinder.  Went from 1 employee review to 7 employee reviews over the course of 2 days... due Friday of course.

I was initially thinking rat but one of the telepaths or the insects could also be fun.  Are we set for engineering?  I can go that route or the scholarly indiana Jones type (alright, the concept of a bug in a fedora is a definite draw...)

Ill try to get more into this over the next few days.  Looking good for a group.  Even if we don't have the Ratstar, engineering can still be the exercise wheel...

• Like 4

Hmmm... just realized I missed the Hero Labs Online Beta.  Signing up anyway, and no telling how much the Starfinder package is (probably $20), but with how much I like the other Hero Labs products and being able to do it on my phone? Uh... yes! Please!  Take my money...

Won't help me finish my character, but, might be useful in the future...

• Like 2

Hero Labs Online will be a pay by month type of thing.  I'm sad they aren't doing a purchase once model but I can't really blame them.  

Stupidly poorly balanced soldier will be up soon.  I just need to decide on a feat.  

• Like 2

The newsletter said a couple of bucks a month.  Not sure how much it is, but as much as I have used and fought with Hero Labs over the years (you can't do anything on a MacBook Pro unless you partition off a significant portion of your hard drive and boot camp).  Being able to use it on a browser on a phone or a laptop or on my PC is actually worth a subscription fee.  And the possibilities for parties are pretty interesting too.  Accept damage from a fireball?  For everyone at the same time?  Not sure everything will be used all the time, but I like the way it is heading.  Ok, so not to derail... so I'll head back on topic...

Spent way too much time yesterday reading up on the Solarians.  Seeing that my optimal choice should have been the Korasha Lasuntha, but I'm sticking with my 4 Armed (Solar Sword, Pistol, Longarm wielding) Kasatha.  I'm liking the whole Devin Supertramp aspect of the Guardians of the Galaxy style theme.  Is he a bit obsessed with making sure the coverage is good when he disarms or disembowels the bad guys?  Sure he is.  Does he always want to be in frame of the panorama of the newly discovered world? Naturally.  I still have to button up some things, but I'm getting closer...  of course, as I keep finding things out, I keep shifting things a bit... hopefully that will be over with soon...

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Grayfax said:

Hmmm... just realized I missed the Hero Labs Online Beta.  Signing up anyway, and no telling how much the Starfinder package is (probably $20), but with how much I like the other Hero Labs products and being able to do it on my phone? Uh... yes! Please!  Take my money...

Won't help me finish my character, but, might be useful in the future...

I purchased Herolab a few years ago just to do 8 8th level pregens for a ReaperCon game. Soooo glad I did. Well worth the price. Sad to hear thou about Stf being a pay per month. There are some months I don't even open up HL. Thou it does get used quite a bit 2 or 3 months before RCon ::D:. Still I'll probably go in on it as soon as it goes live. Just wish they'd make a Android version as I don't do Apple.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, haldir said:

I purchased Herolab a few years ago just to do 8 8th level pregens for a ReaperCon game. Soooo glad I did. Well worth the price. Sad to hear thou about Stf being a pay per month. There are some months I don't even open up HL. Thou it does get used quite a bit 2 or 3 months before RCon ::D:. Still I'll probably go in on it as soon as it goes live. Just wish they'd make a Android version as I don't do Apple.

The plan is to support all of the "Classic" things that the desktop version of Hero Labs provided.  The online version will have those as well... I think they are just initiating it with Starfinder.  All of the old pieces, though, should be added to it in time.  The advantage is, you can use it on Windows, Apple, Linux or Android versions because it is all browser based. 

Edited by Grayfax
  • Like 2

So does this mean they are doing away with Hero Labs as it right now or is this just anther option? I get the newsletters but I haven't really kept up with them other then the BF sale which I did get Unchained.

• Like 1