Recently Browsing 0 members
No registered users viewing this page.
This will be another ongoing themed project.
*** David Attenborough Voice***
A huge portion of our Planet consists of water and even while we are exploring Space, the Seas and Oceans are still a mystery to us.
So far we have explored maybe about 5% of the Oceans, who is to say what lurks in the remaining 95%?.
Just a few decades ago we discovered that the Coelacanth, a fish thought to have been extinct for billions of years, was in fact still alive.
Sailors have reported strange sightings and stories about seamonsters have been told for centuries.
Fishermen Tales? Or is there some truth in these bold stories?
What DO we know of the Deep?
I thought people might enjoy watching me helplessly flailing about as I attempt to paint an exceptionally intricate mini.
This is Tzandi:-
She's one fourth of my Monkey King Gang.
Made a little progress today:-
Painted her skin.
This started as a base of Elf Flesh, was shaded with Flesh Wash and then highlighted with Elf Flesh and 1:1 Elf Flesh/Light Flesh.
She then got lips of 1:1:1 Elf Flesh/Light Flesh/Warlord Purple, and dots of Brown Wash for eyes and between her lips.
I had made a little bit of a mess painting her hands, so I went back over them carefully with Flesh Wash, just to give her separate fingers again.
I automatically started painting her bosom as skin before realising she's wearing a dress under her corset, so that will be painted over eventually. The next job is hair and her ridiculously tiny hair ribbons.
Foxtrot was fun to paint. She comes with two bodies, two heads and two sets of weapons so it's possible to make her up as a crazy-haired gasmask-wearing nutter or Hasslefree's version of Furiosa from Mad Max: Fury Road. As you can see, I decided on the crazy-haired gasmask-wearing nutter.
Her right hand is separate, so fun and games ensued trying to get it glued to her wrist. I didn't dare attempt to drill/pin it as there was barely enough space for the drill bit and I had visions of wrecking the metal. The stock of her AK was on the verge of falling off, so I just did away with it. Her base is the usual Liquitex modelling paste, sand and paint.
It took me ages to choose a colour scheme for the Valkeeri Leader. I eventually decided on Army Painter Shining Silver to go with the whole pulp scifi theme, and VGC Warlock Purple because why not. I was worried the silver bits of her uniform would look like armour instead of metallic cloth but I think it's turned out OK. For once I managed to get her eyes to a decent standard and her hair came out looking good too. Her gun is VMC Brass, toned down with VGC Sepia Wash and Liquitex matte varnish. Her lips are a tiny dab of VMC Brown Rose.
I forgot about her cape until I was finished with her, so it got a few thin coats of Warlock Purple and then began the fun and games of gluing it to the figure. Four attempts later I got it in what I hope is the right position and touched up the purple.
This is Vilthiss Snake Champion from Mierce's Banelords Range.
Base is made with a Greenstuffworld Rollerpin some skulls and a few of Ristul's Fantasy Market's resin bugs.
After taking the pics I noticed a little too much purple gums on the upper side of the teeth, it's fixed.
He's part of my Lost World Project which you can find here:
This guy has some belts and buckles, If I didn't know better I would suspect it was a Klocke sculpt..
NEW PICS ADDED
Fixed the teeth and added a reflection dot.
First 5 pics are the new ones.
Who's Online 27 Members, 2 Anonymous, 280 Guests (See full list)