Let's present a present ... Selfmade 3d Print "Friends"

Long long time a go, a Sister painted some figures. You can check it out here ->Let's make a present ... Selfmade 3d Print "Friends"<-

Well - I had to give them away before being able to make some pictures.

Now that Christmas is over and more time available, my friend took the time to take some pictures of the figures.

1514445374541.thumb.JPEG.b03bb34366155538d06230010f06c5c0.JPEG

1514445374657.thumb.JPEG.cfcd1385be081969e875e9393e25a2aa.JPEG

1514445374826.thumb.JPEG.a791eb59dbf39c2a36ec621dc1fd492c.JPEG

1514445374873.thumb.JPEG.1eeaed756d66378f5c94aa820028e273.JPEG

1514445389132.thumb.JPEG.0fd09e8358cf4866398bdffea95df832.JPEG1514445505973.thumb.JPEG.05e75de76c3f955503aa111ea8297bed.JPEG

1514445506015.thumb.JPEG.9f04892b5f9536bc3a01b2203c2dd24a.JPEG

1514445506037.thumb.JPEG.f9299ddcbdb0670d78122fd6acb151a5.JPEG

I was presented a big thanks and a present for Christmas from his family. Glad I made them happy (despite the difficulties I had).

Edited by SisterMaryNapalm
  • Like 19
  • Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By SisterMaryNapalm
      Hello everyone,

A new piece of work.

This time it's a WWII themed diorama, 1/72 scale (which makes around half the size of a 28mm figure. The diorama itself has around the size of two smartphones.

The whole project is my entry to a painting competition in a German forum and the first finished work since February 2020 - so one year ago.

The main model, PzKpfw IV Ausf. J, is almost 25 years old. I got this model when I was a kid, and I painted it thickly using email colours, but I never assembled it. Last August, when I moved, I found the model and gave it an overhaul, and when February arrived, I took my time to paint it, do the figures and the diorama.

As always: If you like what you see, and you have nothing more to say, leave a like as a nod to my participation in the forums. I don't need "nice", "cool", "excellent" or "awesome", because those words are used way too frequently to mean anything.

//

//

When I have got time, I need to get some plywood to cover the outside of the diorama, but, to be honest - I am way too lazy to do it now. lol.

Check my Instagram page for other work, if you like:

https://www.instagram.com/sistermarynapalm/

• By Inarah
      Fiendish portal by Artisan Guild. Where, oh where, might it lead? 

I struggled with this for a year but really learned a lot about blending and lighting by working on this. 

Before:

• By Glitterwolf
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/263291121/titancraft-customizable-boss-monsters?ref=recommendation-projectpage-footer-4

NOTE: You can choose one demo monster ( skull or abberattion) I chose a batwinged skull and added horns to try it.
    • By Glitterwolf
      The second Giant Snake from the Artisan Guild set.
      3D Printed on my Elegoo Mars.

WIP :https://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/69308-lost-world-project-glitterwolf-paints-coldblooded-creatures-and-conquistadores/page/163/#comments

I was inspired by the African Bush Viper.

Added extra pics taken indoors after applying antishine varnish below.

• By SisterMaryNapalm
      Wololo!

Haven't posted this little project here until now, because I was too lazy to translate it and on top of that not sure if it was too much skin or not enough,
      so I first had to browse through other pieces of KDM work to check if it was okay.

Found the exact same picture of one of my references, so I thought: Okay - I can try to translate it now.

After my surprisingly effective try to paint skin on this fellow (check ->here<-) I thought: Why not try and replicate the result on another figure. So I browsed through my pile of shame and found a KDM miniature with barely any clothes on her. So I thought: What perfect way to train smooth transitions.

So after wiping off the dust and priming her ...

I started working on the base layers and first shadows.

After I had applied some more shadows and highlights, I noticed I had defined the thin red line between the muscles of her thigh a bit too strong ...

And in the process of painting her feet, I somehow lost her toes - Oh, my god!

So while I was working on the other parts of her body and slowly building up the paint, I tried to work on her right thigh and on her right foot and get back the definition of the toes.

So after a full day of recovery operations, I finally had a look at my corrections and was surprised ...

In the end I had undone all my previous work and recreated the wrong transition ...

But I found the toes! Yay!

The outlining was a bit too strong, so I had to correct that as well ...

But I managed to make her skin surprisingly smooth.

In the end, I had to repaint the whole muscle section I worked on for a long time.

But now she's got beautiful buns and thighs

buns and thighs

Time for me to map out the other body parts ... making progress. Wonderful!

And while I am fighting her skin, Rhini took a reference book for NMM (In German, I used this to joke about metal painting rhinos - but unfortunately this only work in German)

But ... to be honest. I have no idea how I have to paint her dagger. I really don't know. I've got to think about it. I've painted NMM only once - it was okay, but not enough to make me feel safe doing it.

Well ... we will see.

• Who's Online   13 Members, 1 Anonymous, 41 Guests (See full list)