My wife wanted to try painting.

Rat13

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, VolksFest said:

Great brush control for beginner I'd say. I think she should pick up the hobby, her talent is truly evident. Very well done.

I think she shows a lot of promise. Having someone there to show her step by step helped too. I love Reaper's Learn to Paint kits especially the pamphlets but it's no substitute for someone actually taking you step by step.

1 hour ago, Gadgetman! said:

It could do with a bit of 'aging' on the shield, and a bit dirt here and there, to take it to the next step, possibly also LEDs in the eyesockets, but for a first mini, that one is GREAT.

So...

What's her next mini?

I agree, aging would help this miniature. The shield and sword are a little too clean but by the time she applied the dry brush of Dirty Bone she was done. Doing multiple layers in one session on an unprimed miniature took time.

I don't think there will be a next miniature. Time will tell though, she may randomly want to try her hand at it again sometime.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Gadgetman! said:

Get her some of Oathsworn's B&B series.

There's some really cute stuff there.

I don't think it's a question of cute stuff. My wife already owns quite a few miniatures that need painted that she wants me to paint. I already have two of her miniatures in my painting box in various stages of completion and that's just the tip of the iceberg.

My problem is I'm selective about my miniatures, it's hard to motivate yourself to paint a miniature you didn't select yourself. I love her so I muscle through, her miniatures just take a little longer. It's also weird because I know what I'm good at and what I'm bad at, she doesn't so some of her figures take even longer because I literally have to learn how to paint it. Case in point I just learned how to do a passable chain mail.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Stacemeisterbee said:

Thanks everyone! I don’t think it’s my cup of tea but I may try it again. 

Welcome!  You did an excellent job!  Even if you don't stick with it I hope you can appreciate the hobby a little more! (Not saying you didn't in the first place)

Edited by NecroMancer
  • Like 1