Shadows of brimstone game

rfusca

So, I highly recommend picking up at least the grey stynylrez primer, and, if you can, the white one too. When you prime in just black it will tend to mute and muddy colors (great if that's it's intended purpose). However, once you prime in black and it's dry, you can then use the grey to add directional lighting by holding the mini, angling it, and spraying from a bit of a distance. Then doing it again for the white but closer. You don't even need to use primer honestly. I've done it with regular reaper paints over black primer. But undercoating it will help with the mudding and it makes it a bit easier to just glaze color over the primer.

Edited by Mr Melons

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Mr Melons said:

So, I highly recommend picking up at least the grey stynylrez primer, and, if you can, the white one too. When you prime in just black it will tend to mute and muddy colors (great if that's it's intended purpose). However, once you prime in black and it's dry, you can then use the grey to add directional lighting by holding the mini, angling it, and spraying from a bit of a distance. Then doing it again for the white but closer. You don't even need to use primer honestly. I've done it with regular reaper paints over black primer. But undercoating it will help with the mudding and it makes it a bit easier to just glaze color over the primer.

I have all three  and do zenithal highlighting sometimes. This is a quick job and a horror game, so the muted colors work well though. Thanks for the tip!

Ok, another of the heroes done.  There's more contrast in the robe in person than the pics but the folds are pretty minute.  Good gracious the face sculpt was terrible It was just a sphere with a nose-like protrusion lol.

min11.jpg

min12.jpg

Edited by rfusca
  • Like 8

Last of  the heroes and one where some of the details of the model literally just kinda fade off into the dress. At this point... It was just a "get it done" type thing. It looks good at a tabletop distance but certainly isn't going to win any awards. 

Only thing left is the big monster, but I have to do some gap filling on him first.  After that basing and varnish and done. Reeeaaaallly ready to be done with this and on to some better models. 

IMG_20180120_133044986_HDR.jpg

IMG_20180120_133037940.jpg

• Like 7