Bones 3 Ogres and Command

Disciple of Sakura

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 1/1/2018 at 11:21 PM, Guyscanwefocusplease said:

These are great. I love your painting style... The brush use reminds me of impressionist painters. Do you use a wet palette?

I don't, honestly. I just drop out the paint onto my painting mat and work from there, or paint directly from the pot in non-dropper bottles. I think my painting area is more acrylic than cloth anymore. :lol:

• Like 2

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Similar Content

• By Iridil
      And a third NPC - his day job is boatswain, so I wanted the armor to not be full plate.... he's currently helping the party do a fetch quest for the captain. I'm pretty satisfied with what I got out for what I put in - but I do notice I seem to have forgotten his eyebrows!

• By Inarah
      This has been a WIP on my desk for far too long. I tried some things that didn't work, repainted her, got some advice, repainted her, didn't like the way it looked, repainted her... realized I just had to stop before I really ruined it. 

• By EvilJames
      So here they are. The Ogre Squad. You can see the WIP here.

I love how nonchalant and casual this guy looks.

especially when compared to this guy.

The oldest of my ogres. Metal and unfinished for years because I was just never happy with him. 

another angry ogre
      fond of the face(s) on this guy and also the pig. The rope on the barrel was a little frustrating though. It had a mold line right down its length and even though I wasn't doing much line cleaning for these guys that was both a hard one to fix and a hard one to ignore.

the bones black ogre has the best grumpy ogre face. He painted up nicely with very little clean up to ignore.

the other metal ogre Kagunk and his amazing shield. This guy sat just primed for a good long while as I just was never sure how to handle the shield face. The older chieften's club face was easier since it was always going to look like wood, but this I had to think about a bit. I think it works pretty well.

a few attempts at a group shot. Bigger minis are hard to keep all in focus at once.
      There it is then. There are a couple of details I see I still need to do and the metal chieftains need to be sealed. But otherwise that is it for this lot. I did by the other ettin in bones and I might order the other ogre leader and I think I have a bones half ogre around somewhere.  If I paint them I may update this with new squad members. We will see.
    • By 72moonglum
      Good evening all you fine Reaper acolytes!

So this evening I've finished another grand old Partha classic, sculpted by the immortal Julie Guthrie, a Sorceress Casting Spell.  As always, couldn't easily choose colors, but this is what I came up with:

The only problem I really had was her other eye, which just couldn't be reached with a brush, so this is with a close up, how it came out:

Sometimes it's just rough getting a brush in such an itty bitty space.  So I did what I could.  Anyway hope you all enjoy!

• By Samedi
      Laurana came to me in the old LTPK 2 as one of my very first minis in 2010 or so. This set even had the old Pro Paints in it, almost all of wich gave up on me a long time ago. Only Ruddy Flesh and the Copper Metallic Paint are left, both are still among my workhorse paints.

While Laurana's companion Tsuko was painted up fairly quickly, I struggled with painting her forever. First the scroll would not come out right, and then the eyes turned out to be a major problem for me - you see, the pupils of the eyes are sculpted, so my usual strategies didn't work for her.

But after years and years on my shelf of shame she's finally done! Once I got past the scroll and the eyes she was actually a joy to paint. Also, I really like the expressive pose.

So here she is, c&c very welcome!