Sign in to follow this  
AEdge

Dub Bullock, Thorvald and Baeldrinahr

Real life takes precedence, don't feel bad about taking a break from the forums.

I like the blue armor. If you do try it again I suggest the Templar Blue Triad (9055-9057), I think it makes for very nice blue nmm. If only I could pull it off.

They all look great, I always enjoy seeing your work.

• Like 1

All of them are incredible.  I think the blue armor gives some nice distinction between the plate armor and the more typically steel color of the scale skirt/cloak.

• Like 1

Amazing!! I love them all!  That blue armor is so awesome!  I might have to steal that idea although I doubt I could make it look as nice. 

• Like 1

On 1/4/2018 at 5:53 PM, Guyscanwefocusplease said:

Wow, I don't know if I have seen your work before. It's impressive.

I also like the blue armor and would suggest the ritterlich blue triad, it's kind of steely (see my avatar).

Is that TMM I see?

Thank you! 

Yes that is TMM. I often alternate between that and NMM. Sometimes even on the same mini. 

• Like 2

I think the blue armor really works. If nothing else you could always use the tournament excuse and wanting to look good.

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Neptune1999
      Sandra Garrity makes some of my favorite Dwarves, and the detail on this one stood out. It doesn't show up much in the picture, but there are some Norse Futhark runes on the blade of the sword in blue that only appear if I rotate the figure 45% left or right. Also, I love dwarves in green. 

• By 72moonglum
      Hello sentient painting creatures!

So here's one I just finished painting and just got his base finished this morning and some pictures taken:

from an eighties Ral Partha set of Julie Guthrie figures, originally called the Berserkers, with was a group of different types of fighters/warriors. Nice set, as is all of what the Goddess Guthrie creates.

With this one, I also am using as a comparison set, because I also painted this one many, many years ago. So it was in the eighties, before 1986 when I graduated high school, so this painted version is of an age between 34 and maybe 39 years old, couldn't nail down an exact date exactly:

I started out with the same skin and hair more or less on my new version, but changed up his wardrobe as to note make a carbon copy.  The new figure was painted with Reaper colors and the old version was Polly S.

Anyhoos, always fun to do these little comparison shots!
    • By Dan S
      Apologies that this one isn't Reaper, but I am super stoked with how it turned out and really wanted to share.

I recently started experimenting with glazing, an old and popular technique I have been aware of for years but had never really given much thought to or attempted.  It was like unlocking an ancient magic, I cant believe the difference such a subtle technique has made to my miniatures.  After achieving some promising results on a batch of halflings I recently painted, I decided to experiment some more on a slightly larger model, a 3D printed bust I'd picked up on Ebay (I believe it is by a company called Tytantroll Miniatures).  

Anyway I just wanted to share.  Glazing has been a revelation to me, and it just goes to show that it sometimes pays to step away from your comfort zone and try new things.

• By Citrine
      Been on a painting spree these last few months, in fact Cassie is mini 52 painted so far this year, out of my original goal of painting 50 all year.

First up is Elliwyn Heatherlark, Gnome Bard (SKU 77164) which is the bones version.  The details were a bit soft, but she is totally serviceable for table-top.

Next up, Blink Berenwicket (SKU 3689), the super spunky female gnome warrior in metal.  The sword didn't really turn out, and I should have had a side view...  Metals are shaded metallics.

And last but not least, Cassie, Female Gnome Wizard (SKU 77031) in bones and mini number 52 of the year.

• By Standifer
      Several weeks ago I got to go to the hobby store and found a couple of new minis, one was this little jewel.

It is pretty much done in the painting department, but what good is a catapult without its crew?
      These are some Oathmark dwarves that I’m converting to do the job.

I admit the barrel is too big to fit in the catapult, but I’m going to find a way to work it in.

I need to build a base big enough to hold everything and get some more dwarves, it is a start though.
      Ideas are welcome!
      Thanks for looking!
  • Who's Online   16 Members, 2 Anonymous, 37 Guests (See full list)