Getting to Know You, Jan 2018

Thes Hunter

20 hours ago, Thes Hunter said:

Jan 19th.

What snack currently brings you the most pleasure?

Pepperoni.  The sliced stuff in pouches ostensibly for making pizza.  However, they're not good for me and I'm bad at portion control, so I will eat the entire thing.  This isn't good, so I've been avoiding buying it.

Hormel makes pepperoni sticks, which will work in a pinch and are easier for portion control.  The turkey pepperoni sticks, which don't taste quite the same, are healthier than the normal ones, but eating the entire bag (five sticks) in a single setting still isn't recommended.

• Like 5

• Replies 825
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

23 hours ago, Cyradis said:

Bad booze isn't worth drinking. It must be a good scotch. 

Based on the quantity of booze that gets drunk at my hotel, is have to say not everyone agrees with you. We had a group last week that drank $5000 of cheap liquor in 3 hours. Then, they drank $2000 more in the lounge, and who knows how much more in their hospitality suite afterwards. 

• Haha 3
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Inarah said:

Jan 20th

Which is worse: failing, or never trying? 

I'd say never trying, because at least if you give it a go and fail, you at least learn something out of it and can give it another shot.  Success doesn't always happen the first time.

• Like 6

11 minutes ago, Inarah said:

Jan 20th

Never trying is by far the worst. I have found it isn't the stupid things that I have done & said that I regret now. It is those things I could have said & done that haunt the sleepless hours of the night.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Inarah said:

Jan 20th

Never trying is by far the worst; making mistakes is how we learn things, and we need to stop being afraid of them.

-"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take." -Wayne Gretzky

- "Good judgement comes from experience, and experience usually comes from bad judgement." -Anonymous

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Inarah said:

Jan 20th

And I'm going to go against the grain and say "It depends."

While in general I do agree that in general you should try, some things have grave consequences for failure.  If what you are trying has life or death consequences for you or someone else, or if by your failure you would ruin the lives of other people, then sometimes you shouldn't do it.

But if it's just you and it's worthwhile?  Go for it.

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, Dilvish the Deliverer said:

And I'm going to go against the grain and say "It depends."

While in general I do agree that in general you should try, some things have grave consequences for failure.  If what you are trying has life or death consequences for you or someone else, or if by your failure you would ruin the lives of other people, then sometimes you shouldn't do it.

But if it's just you and it's worthwhile?  Go for it.

What he said.

• Like 6