Thes Hunter

• Replies 825
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

14 hours ago, Inarah said:

Jan 20th

Which is worse: failing, or never trying? 

That TOTALLY depends on what is being attempted. 

Asking someone out on a date? / jumping the Snake River Canyon on a rocket propelled motorcycle?  Buying a scratch off? / ...running a red light?

...I think mathemagicians start mumbling something about risk-reward-equations at this point. 

• Like 8

21 minutes ago, Thes Hunter said:

Jan 21st.

What was your favorite bit of last week?

I bailed on a Dr Appt that was Tuesday morning. (I later found out almost everybody bailed and the staff got to go home early.) 

That was the day the overnight temp was a single digit number and it was only around 20°F after sunup.  

It felt good to stay warm. 

• Like 4

On 1/17/2018 at 9:22 AM, Inarah said:

I'm Awake. Don't want to be, but here I am. So today's question: 

Jan 17

What makes you trust people? 

Midnight Confessions.

On 1/18/2018 at 11:09 AM, Inarah said:

Question for Jan 18:

Are you a prompt person? Why or why not? 

The motto of my high school's Performing Arts department was "Early is On Time, On Time is Late, Late is Unacceptable". I am prompt, though sometimes prompt like a Wizard.

While getting dressed for yesterday's memorial service, I received a Notification on my phone. "Probably Rebecca telling us that Owen is running 10 minutes late", I say to my wife. Turns out it was Owen telling us that Rebecca was running 10 minutes late. The 10-minute delay arrived right on schedule.

Edited by etherial
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

23 hours ago, Inarah said:

Jan 20th

Which is worse: failing, or never trying? 

Failure is how we learn. So while it is a question of whether the price of learning not to eat Tide Pods is too high, I err on the side of failure.

Note: Don't eat Tide Pods. You should be able to figure that one out by reading. Or even just failing to read...

9 hours ago, Thes Hunter said:

Jan 21st.

(if you had a sucky week, please try to think of some moment, no matter how brief, that brought you at least a little joy.)

Driving to Arisia to answer my first Booty Call.

Edited by etherial
  • Like 5

Jan 21st.

(if you had a sucky week, please try to think of some moment, no matter how brief, that brought you at least a little joy.)

It was a decent week but nothing spectacular that stands out. Maybe the one night when I went to bed and had a moment of perfect calm. I have trouble falling asleep because I have a brain that likes to do all it's planning and rehashing when I want to sleep. For a few minutes everything was perfect inside and outside my head. Then the baby started fussing. ::(: Don't know what's up with her but she hasn't slept well at night for the last week. People say it's foolish to complain about little things like that. I'd like to see those people try to function properly after several days of 3-4 hours of interrupted sleep each night.

7 hours ago, Mad Jack said:

Depends entirely on the particular situation at hand. Far too broad a question.

I may be too trusting but I was assuming she didn't mean attempting suicidal things. 

• Like 3

Jan 21st.

I had a really fantastic lunch on Friday. Best food I've had in a while, and I've had an awful lot of good food lately. 

• Like 4