Getting to Know You, Jan 2018

Thes Hunter

On 1/21/2018 at 12:07 AM, Thes Hunter said:

Jan 21st.

What was your favorite bit of last week?

(if you had a sucky week, please try to think of some moment, no matter how brief, that brought you at least a little joy.)

Taking my youngest son to his robotics competition. I was just happy for the time with him.

7 hours ago, Inarah said:

Jan 22

If you were asked to design a new line of minis for an under-represented segment of the hobby, what would you create?

6mm Gundam across all the various timelines.

Figures suitable for Shadowrun/cyberpunk.

• Like 8

• Replies 825
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, Inarah said:

Jan 22

If you were asked to design a new line of minis for an under-represented segment of the hobby, what would you create?

Years ago I bought into Armies of Arcana as one of a group of owners for those rules. The original designer had a couple of 15mm lines of minis one of which were wulfen. As part of our updating and promoting the rules I wanted to make a 28mm version of the wulfen army. I hired a sculptor from Australia to do the minis for me. He did 6 archer models for me. 3 archers,  captain, standard and musician. The sculptor had slightly different ideas about things than me and I let him run with his. So while they are very nice minis they're not exactly what I would've done if I had any sculpting ability. At the same time members of our group in England got into a nasty pointless fight which kind of ruined all of our dreams for the rules. When I realised that everybody was pulling in different directions and that I didn't really want to pay for and make a mini line I cancelled the planned wulfen.

So I'd like to have the wulfen army finished with all the options we'd originally planned. Having them done in a box or 2 of multipart plastics like what Northstar has been doing for Frostgrave and Oathmark would be great.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Thes Hunter said:

Oh weird. It looks like this didn’t actually post. So it will be today’s question instead!

Jan 23rd. 

What hobbling did you accomplish this weekend?

(and if no hobbying, what other thing did you accomplish?)

I wore a clunky backpack and handbag and have a permanent backache. :poke:

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

Jan 23rd: I got Fulumbar close to completion, some good progress on the dwarf Thunderers, some freehand on some accessory bits, and a terrain piece close to finished. It's been frustrating in the sense it feels like I haven't got much done, but when I compared them with where they were on Thursday I can see a vast difference. (I've also got some hobbling in, the change from cold to warm has been irritating my knee a bit, but no more than a slight limp.) 

• Like 4

Okay, but hobbying? I finished Astrid (aka Grace Desirap, the 47 yr old runaway princess bard). I worked on my DS ranger lady's inner cloak. I contemplated speed painting a familiar. I stared at my blue lion bust. I washed my palette sponge. 

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Thes Hunter said:

Oh weird. It looks like this didn’t actually post. So it will be today’s question instead!

Jan 23rd. 

What hobbying did you accomplish this weekend?

I didn't hobby, and what I did "accomplish" is too depressing to post about -_-

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

13 hours ago, Inarah said:

Jan 22

I'd do something for the various "Punk" aesthetics that don't get much attention.

There's a ton of Steampunk out there, but I rarely see anything for the Diesel, Atom or Cyberpunk fan.

3 hours ago, Thes Hunter said:

Jan 23rd. 

I don't hobby much at the weekend.

I did turn my housemate into a Steven Universe fan if that counts as an accomplishment.

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

Played a game session with the crew. Worked some on the figures on my painting table. 

It felt like the painting was going slowly, but when I took a look at a photo I snapped I realized there were more than thirty ongoing figures (though to be fair some at the back were just primed, so closer to twenty-five active figures), That tends to slow down the rate to ... nothing ... nothing ... nothing ... AWholeBunchAllAtOnce.

Spoiler

DSC_0096-What-I-am-painting-right-now-2018-01-19.jpg.01764635197da9d208014fc3bb4def78.jpg

Also I read up some background material for one of the games.

(Does anyone know what the folks at White Wolf were thinking when they came up with so many odd and inapt technical terms for their games?)

• Like 8

5 hours ago, Thes Hunter said:

Jan 23rd. 

Ummm I organized my 1st  CmoN order. I did add a nice pile to the Rcon melt bag thou. I also put my 2nd 26mm Hobbyzone rack together. 

• Like 7

6 hours ago, Thes Hunter said:

Jan 23rd. 

Only hobby-ing that happened this past weekend was some work on My DnD character and planning involving spell load outs; both current and future.  Wizard FTW!

the rest of the time was spend tending to a sick family; I got of lightly and thus got to tend to everyone else.  I also made a big batch of pulled pork.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Thes Hunter said:

Jan 23rd. 

I worked on some Bones zombies, some Game Zone chaos hounds, and my Scibor Minotaur.

• Like 6

Just now, redambrosia said:

I'd be willing to bet they were drunk.

A: "Amaranth"

B: Dude, what?

A: "Amaranth" That's what we'll call, wossname, when vampires drink other vampire's blood and kill'em. "Amaranth".

B: Doesn't that mean, like, birdseed?

A: (Belch)

• Like 5
  • Haha 6