Getting to Know You, Jan 2018

Thes Hunter

• Replies 825
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

13 hours ago, Thes Hunter said:

WEDNESDAY- (I needed to remind myself cause I kept thinking it was Monday or a Tuesday.) 

Jan 24th, 

Today is HUMP Day! And for a reason... I associate it with Tacos. Even though it is not Tuesday, and tacos are for Tuesday. 

Do you have any food you associate with a particular day of the week? (Especially hump day.) 

If so why?

The first Friday of the month is Wine and Cheese night. It's a good night.

11 hours ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

Most likely to prevent the forums from devolving into rampant colonialism.

KFC was always Toonie Tuesday here, but then they changed it to $2.22 Toonie Twos-day, and then they charged $3 bucks and still called it Toonie Tuesday, for some strange reason.

My college snack bar used to have slimy dimies in the 70s - a personal pizza for 10 cents. They reintroduced slimy dimies after their renovation in 2012. A personal pizza for $7.99.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Thes Hunter said:

WEDNESDAY- (I needed to remind myself cause I kept thinking it was Monday or a Tuesday.) 

Jan 24th, 

Today is HUMP Day! And for a reason... I associate it with Tacos. Even though it is not Tuesday, and tacos are for Tuesday. 

Do you have any food you associate with a particular day of the week? (Especially hump day.) 

If so why?

Currently I make pizza every Friday night.  We tried to make Smoker Sunday a thing when I first got the smoker, but it didn't last very long.  Beyond that I try to vary the menu from week to week both to keep the kids from complaining and me from getting bored.

In the past, when I was in Iraq I kept track of what day it was by what was being served in the dining facility.  Friday was surf & turf (don't be too jealous, the steak was tougher than the heel of my boot and seafood in a desert...need I say more), Tuesday was crappy pizza, and I'm fuzzy on the rest of the days because that was 8 years ago.  When I was a private, Thursday was reuben day on the short order line.  The guy that made them did an awesome job.

• Like 7

15 hours ago, Thes Hunter said:

Jan 24th, 

If so why?

I don't really have food that associate with particular days. I'm sure I did at some point in time or will in the future but at the current I can't think of anything.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Thes Hunter said:

Jan 24th, 

If so why?

I think the closest I come to that is associating plantain pancakes with the weekend, since I usually make them for breakfast on at least one of those days.  And then eat the rest as dessert later on, since I tend to make them sweet and thin enough that they straddle the line between pancakes and crepes :lol:

• Like 4

About every other Sunday during the summer, I load up the vertical smoker and smoke all the meat I can find, ranging from hams to roasts to chicken breasts to individual pounds of hamburger.

Thing is, then we freeze everything and eat it for dinner throughout the week. 

So the FOOD isn't associated with any particular day... but the SMELLS are.

Does that count?

• Like 7

22 hours ago, Thes Hunter said:

Jan 24th, 

If so why?

I also forgot Wednesday is Popcorn day at old job (now currently referred to as 2nd job). 

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Thes Hunter said:

Jan 25th.

Imagine if the movie Big was real... and also imagine that just yesterday you were 5 years old, and now (just like in the movie) you magically find yourself all grown up. 

What would be the 1st thing you do?

I'd go upstairs and play with my transformers.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, paintybeard said:

Invest in Bitcoin?

For me, if I were to do that?  I'd be investing in IBM as it would be 1988, then a few years later make sure to switch everything over to Google when that initla offering launches...

As for the question...

40 minutes ago, Thes Hunter said:

Jan 25th.

Imagine if the movie Big was real... and also imagine that just yesterday you were 5 years old, and now (just like in the movie) you magically find yourself all grown up. 

Uhm, I honestly have no idea at all.  haven't seen the movie, but based on that principle....  Probably get my friends to bring their Hot Wheels track over, and build some sort of insane track with that and LEGO....  naturally going from the upstairs bedroom, down the steep WWII era housing's stairs, and have the track end either in the living room (logical ending place), or through the living room AND A FLAMING CIRCLE OF DOOOOOOM (now with actual flames), and then down the open faced stairs and ending somewhere in the basement, because it would be neat, even though we probably couldn't chase the cars fast enough before they'd make it downstairs....  And gravity only pushes hot wheels so far. :P

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

47 minutes ago, Thes Hunter said:

Jan 25th.

Probably celebrate the fact that I no longer have to do any homework! ::D:

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Thes Hunter said:

Jan 25th.

Well......we had just gotten the Atari 2600, probably play that.

• Like 2