Envii

14032: Corm, Ghostmane Shaman

Welcome to the Forum!

A great first mini!

Well done!

Great colours!

BONUS POINTS for painting a WOLF!

Can I make two suggestions?

1 - Take pictures of a mini with a neutral background. ( can be as easy as a piece of paper) that way the focus will be on the mini without distractions.

2- Enhance the base by adding some flock/static grass or sand to it. This will make it look even better!

Please keep posting your work!

You have talent!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Glitterwolf said:

Welcome to the Forum!

A great first mini!

Well done!

Great colours!

BONUS POINTS for painting a WOLF!

Can I make two suggestions?

1 - Take pictures of a mini with a neutral background. ( can be as easy as a piece of paper) that way the focus will be on the mini without distractions.

2- Enhance the base by adding some flock/static grass or sand to it. This will make it look even better!

Please keep posting your work!

You have talent!

Thank you so much!  The neutral background idea is a great suggestion.  I do intend to eventually add more to the base but I'm waiting until I build the diorama.  I want to make sure it actually fits in with the surrounding scenery. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Envii said:

Thank you so much!  The neutral background idea is a great suggestion.  I do intend to eventually add more to the base but I'm waiting until I build the diorama.  I want to make sure it actually fits in with the surrounding scenery. 

Solid thinking!

Overall a great job!

Is this really your first mini?

If so, do you have an art background or something?

You seem to have a good eye for it!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Glitterwolf said:

Solid thinking!

Overall a great job!

Is this really your first mini?

If so, do you have an art background or something?

You seem to have a good eye for it!

I said it's the first one that I feel really good about.  I did the reaper learn to paint kits and have done a few other outside of that.  No art background though.  Just a perfectionist compulsion.  :P 

But really thank you!  I kind of have an aspiration to enter one of the contests at the next reapercon.

7 minutes ago, Envii said:

I said it's the first one that I feel really good about.  I did the reaper learn to paint kits and have done a few other outside of that.  No art background though.  Just a perfectionist compulsion.  :P 

But really thank you!  I kind of have an aspiration to enter one of the contests at the next reapercon.

ooOOOoo That makes more sense.  I was internally a  little like 'holy cow thats crazy for your first time"

Very cool!  The eye placement is perfect!

You have good brush control and you can start working on shading and highlighting.

Also great job of not falling into the trap of painting fur all one color!  Animals rarely (never) have all one fur color and its great that you picked up on that!  It adds a lot of visual interest, reality, and depth to your piece!

1 hour ago, NecroMancer said:

Very cool!  The eye placement is perfect!

You have good brush control and you can start working on shading and highlighting.

Also great job of not falling into the trap of painting fur all one color!  Animals rarely (never) have all one fur color and its great that you picked up on that!  It adds a lot of visual interest, reality, and depth to your piece!

Thank you!  I have been playing around with shading but I don't know if that does/should come through in these pictures.  I don't want shading to be drastic and obvious.  

• Like 1