The Dark Age Of Super Heroes

Dr.Bedlam

37 minutes ago, TheAuldGrump said:

Heh - my favorite episode of Batman: the Animated Series - The Gray Ghost:

I really liked the Gray Ghost episode too. Though being a fan of the Green Hornet and the Shadow probably helped.

If you're ever in the mood for a Batman esque story set in an alternative 20's Check out Ghosts of Manhatten by George Mann. I randomly picked up a copy a few years ago and was pleasantly surprised. 

51fJPOO4-xL._SX330_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 1/7/2018 at 8:43 PM, Unruly said:

Certainly you mean Teen Titans GO! and not Teen Titans. Certainly. Teen Titans aired back in 2003, ran for 5 seasons, and was full of plot and continuity. Heck, it spent about 2 seasons having Robin being taunted by Deathstroke(until they killed him), and they even did a somewhat sanitized version of The Judas Contract.

Teen Titans GO! took the cast and characters and turned them into a joke. Then they made this episode when the fans of the old show cried out for more of the old stuff. It's kind of a slap...

And yes, Young Justice was also great. Part if the reason it's getting a Season 3 is because when it hit Netflix a while back it was rating extremely well. I actually hadn't seen it prior to that, and had a friend yell at me to watch it because the creators were hoping to get numbers from Netflix to use to justify more episodes. It was very good.

I still want my original Titans back, though. And I want Batman: Beyond back as well. And Justice League. Heck, let's just say I want it all back...

Yes, I LOVED Teen Titans.

It is Teen Titans Go! that I loathe with the fiery hate of a thousand suns.

On 1/8/2018 at 8:58 PM, Rat13 said:

I really liked the Gray Ghost episode too. Though being a fan of the Green Hornet and the Shadow probably helped.

If you're ever in the mood for a Batman esque story set in an alternative 20's Check out Ghosts of Manhatten by George Mann. I randomly picked up a copy a few years ago and was pleasantly surprised. 

51fJPOO4-xL._SX330_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Good book! I own the trade paperback.

Actually, I think I will dig it out of storage, it will help with Eberron.

• Like 3