Darsc Zacal

Hellboy Boardgame kickstarter by Mantic

I'm liking a lot of the character miniatures so far from this, but my exposure to Hellboy has been the 2 films (which 2nd was lame). Not sure I'm going to know what I'm looking at to draw me in.

• Like 1

On 3/28/2018 at 9:55 AM, talion78 said:

I'm liking a lot of the character miniatures so far from this, but my exposure to Hellboy has been the 2 films (which 2nd was lame). Not sure I'm going to know what I'm looking at to draw me in.

Dakka has reposts of the development blogs. https://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/90/747976.page

James Hewlett, the HB game designer, has a fair amount of game design experience, and is posting on the Hellboy forum on BGG : https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgamedesigner/96901/james-m-hewitt

• Like 1

Its gonna be between this and Limbo: Eternal War for me. 

I'll probably drop a dollar on it and wait to see how much the other game costs. 

I think the renders right now favor Limbo but my heart favors Hellboy.  

• Like 2

24-hour EB. If you pledged a minute too early, you might not have seen them!

Does anyone have experience with Mantic shipping to Canada?  I'm concerned about this statement near the bottom of the page:

"See below regarding import duties and taxes."

There is nothing about import duties and taxes below that, that I can see.  Just shipping costs.

4 hours ago, Carnacki the Ghost Finder said:

Does anyone have experience with Mantic shipping to Canada?  I'm concerned about this statement near the bottom of the page:

"See below regarding import duties and taxes."

There is nothing about import duties and taxes below that, that I can see.  Just shipping costs.

Yes I do.

If they ship by Royal Mail which then is delivered through Canada Post then you may or may not be charged taxes and duties upon delivery.

Its really a coin toss with Canada post on whether they will charge you for those. The bigger the dollar value the more likely it is you will be. 

If they ship it through Purolator, FedEx, or UPS, then those companies will charge you for the duties and taxes plus an additional service/handling/processing fee.

Mantic has mentioned that they have tried to find a way to make this kickstarter Canada friendly, which means finding a shipping partner within Canada, but were unable to do so before the kickstarters launch.

They will update if/when that changes.

• Thanks 2

And backed.

Wasn't even on my radar, but having a look at it and I'm, shockingly, interested in it as an actual board game.

• Like 3

Only a few hours left for the Early Bird pledge level! 

I sprung for it because both MrBoot and I are big Hellboy fans, and after reading through the gameplay it sounds like fun. From the description it sounds a lot like Arkham Horror, which is one of the few board games I can get him to play. ^_^

Huzzah!       

--OneBoot :D 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Darsc Zacal said:

Yes I do.

If they ship by Royal Mail which then is delivered through Canada Post then you may or may not be charged taxes and duties upon delivery.

Its really a coin toss with Canada post on whether they will charge you for those. The bigger the dollar value the more likely it is you will be. 

If they ship it through Purolator, FedEx, or UPS, then those companies will charge you for the duties and taxes plus an additional service/handling/processing fee.

Mantic has mentioned that they have tried to find a way to make this kickstarter Canada friendly, which means finding a shipping partner within Canada, but were unable to do so before the kickstarters launch.

They will update if/when that changes.

Thanks for this.  This has also been my experience with Royal mail and Canada Post.  They've never dinged me for taxes /duties. 

But once a Kickstarter from the UK used DHL ... that gave me a sharp kick in the D20s when I had to pay their handling fees.

• Like 2

Game looks great but I am after miniatures and these just aren't standing out to me enough to get me to bite.  I'll keep an eye on it to see what SG get unlocked but as of now its a no for me.